Torpedo Live sample rate

ProgFree

I know this has been answered by Guillaume some time ago but I have to bring it up again. The Live is a great unit, just tracked an album with it and everyone was happy. But I have to point the choice of sample rate: It would be a great improvement if 44 kHz would be available instead of 96. 44 and 48 would allow much better integration with digital rigs, recording etc. Who's recording at 96 anyway? While 44 is a much broader standard that most people use. Is there any chance of having 44 in a future update?
Cheers!

From what you are telling here, I'm not sure... do you know that you can configure the Live so it outputs a signal at a 48 kHz sample rate ?

Basstyra":1vc1xu21 said:
From what you are telling here, I'm not sure... do you know that you can configure the Live so it outputs a signal at a 48 kHz sample rate ?

I do know that. But like me, the majority is stuck to 44 or 48. Having 44 and 48 would allow much better integration with digital rigs than 48 and 96. Very few cats record at 96. Don't believe me check this below and do your stats :)

https://www.gearslutz.com/board/mus...e-you-using-2016-a.html?highlight=sample+rate

On the other hand, if we remove the 96 kHz option, be assured we will dissapoint a lot of people ;) But that's actually not the point. We don't have to trade 96 kHz for 44 kHz. If we add the 44 kHz option, the 96 kHz option can stay without any problems.

The actual point is the following : adding a 44 Khz option will raise the cost of the Torpedo Live :) Another separate oscillator is needed for that, and a set of not so simple sample rate converters.

Thisis definitively a point we'll discuss for a future version of the Live, but this can't be just a small update at the moment ;)

Back