Torpedo Live question

errrrrl

I'm interested in possibly getting a Torpedo Live for simple home recording. Am I right in thinking that if I do get one I can crank up my amp as loud as I want and hit it's sweet spot? Or would I still need to keep the master on the amp down quite a bit?

All I want to do is record using my amp at about 8 (Friedman Pink Taco 20w) with head phones/silent recording... At 8 the gain just does it for me :rock: I'm already half way sold on getting one but the ability to crank up the amp using the Torpedo Live is the deal breaker for me.

Thanks

I use the torpedo live with my friedman small box with the volume at 11 am which is about as loud as you want to go with this amp with the gain maxed and i have no issues. Just make sure to run it at 8ohms. I use mid level senheisers for practise and its changed my life. I play more through headphones than through a real cab these days.

mniel8195":235dzx3l said:
I use the torpedo live with my friedman small box with the volume at 11 am which is about as loud as you want to go with this amp with the gain maxed and i have no issues. Just make sure to run it at 8ohms. I use mid level senheisers for practise and its changed my life. I play more through headphones than through a real cab these days.

Thanks for the for helpful info! Maybe I shouldn't have just bought a new cab :LOL: :LOL: I think that is going to seal the deal for me then. I'm tired of mic'ing at home and not always being able to get the same tone twice. :rock:

Torpedo live is killer with your tube amp. I use mine all the time with my XTC for late night practicing and recording. When you find that sweet spot on your amp and try out a few different cab settings and mics, you will be on your way! The optional cabs to purchase that you can test out are fabulous!

Back