WOS III "wall of sound" section - feature request

jbraner

Hi,

I think it would be a good idea if we could save and/or load individual "modules" (sets of 2 channels) of the wall of sound section. This would make it easy to build "modules" (for different cabs/ mic setups etc) that could be easily built in to presets.

Also - it would be nice to be able to "link" the volume controls on a pair of channels, and inversely link the "pan" controls (so L&R work in opposite directions, to easily make a pair wider or narrower by only turning one knob). I'm still working out what the "link" function actually does for a pair of channels - but I know it doesn't link the vol and pan controls. I don't know if this is easy to implement or not - but it would be nice to have a choice whether to link them or not.

Maybe there is even a way to do this now - I'll play around some more...

So far I'm really enjoying WOS III! ;)

Aha! - well, I see that the volume controls DO link when you hpold the shift key. That's great, and I hadn't realised that. The pan controls link too - but I think you'd really want them to go opposite each other (rather than match each other) - wouldn't you.
In other words - when I move the LH pan away from 0 (to the left) it would be cool if the RH side moved away from 0 by the same amount on the RH side.

So that's some of my requests already answered! ;-)

Hi John,

thank you for sharing your thoughts with us.

You're right, have the pan going opposite ways is not a bad idea, at all. I just have to think about how to make that comprehensive. The Torpedo Studio works that ay for example.

I think you can find some of the hotkeys in the Menu, maybe you'll find some useful ones. ^^

Hi guillaume,
I actually read through the manual - but I didn't pay enough attention to the hot keys ;-)

I would think it would be easy to implement making the pan knobs go in opposite directions - most MIDI controllers can be set up like this.
The hard part is if you want to offer the choice - for example:
shift + pan = link
ctrl + shift + pan = "opposite directions"

I was also playing around with adding some IRs of real rooms in to the channels - but I think this is a waste of time, as it's easier to just use a reverb plugin in the DAW (we're talking about Torpedo WOS here) to put the amp/cab in a "room".
Plus - I noticed that you mentioned you might add a reverb section to the plugin ;-)

would think it would be easy to implement making the pan knobs go in opposite directions - most MIDI controllers can be set up like this.
The hard part is if you want to offer the choice - for example:
shift + pan = link
ctrl + shift + pan = "opposite directions"

That's a good idea i'l talk about that to the team.

I was also playing around with adding some IRs of real rooms in to the channels - but I think this is a waste of time, as it's easier to just use a reverb plugin in the DAW (we're talking about Torpedo WOS here) to put the amp/cab in a "room".

And WoS III can't process long IRs so it will never give you "real" reverb. ;)

Plus - I noticed that you mentioned you might add a reverb section to the plugin ;-)

We are on it as we speak. ;)

Back