Best studio monitors to use with Torpedo CAB

Hi guys,

What monitors are you using with your Torpedo CAB? Anyone have any good recommendations?

Been looking at Adam A7X and Yamaha but happy to learn about others too.

I've got a small room but want to be flexible for when I get a bigger house. Play hard rock and atmospheric stuff. Like a good bass thump and for it to feel punchy.

Many thanks

I know you want good speakers for monitoring, but "best" means something different to different people. What I say is "best" you may not feel is "best".

I feel you are better off with good quality monitors which you will enjoy listening to. Adam monitors are well regarded but very pricey. Personally I use Emotiva Audio monitors. I don't worry about them being the best because I am at home rather than a well treated recording studio.

You could get a lot of answers to your question, but the reality is how the monitors will sound in your space. The exact same monitors will sound different in your space as compared to mine. I hope this makes sense. The answer should be simple, but its not. Hell, try a couple of different monitors and keep the ones you like best. Yes its a bit of trouble but you will find something you like.

We use A7X to develop the products, and S3 in our demo room, we like Adam monitors. ;)

But you will find plenty of very good references, especially if you are ready to spend around 1500USD.

Back