Really Dumb Question re: loading cab impulses

GuitaringGeek

Hi everyone, I just acquired a torpedo Live recently and it is becoming clear to me how this technology is revolutionizing guitar tone.

When I first acquired the unit, I went through a number of impulses at the store and ended up acquiring my top five 4 x 12 impulses. I used memory manager in Torpedo Remote to move off 5 cab impulses which I am currently not interested in using and loaded the five I had acquired onto the Torpedo Live's memory.

When I scroll through the presets in the Torpedo Live, the 'new' cab impulses don't show up in the menu. Is there something I'm missing here? Any help is appreciated.

Cabs are not presets, they're cabs, so they'll show up at Miking/Cab via a pull-down menu under Miking on Torpedo Remote, or the Front Panel at Miking/Cab, assuming Miking is enabled of course.

Ah, perfect. I knew there was a simple detail I was missing.
I guess I use the new cabs to create a preset and then I save it and done!!

EDIT: (Posting my findings in case someone else has some trouble navigating the software to use 3rd party IRs.

I imported some Ownhammer IRs into USER BANK 0 of my Torpedo Live by using the Memory Manager.
I was finally able to trial and error my way into accessing the USER IRs .

From the start screen I selected SIMULATION. That took me to the window you see below.
Then I went to the MIKING column and selected under the TYPE column:
Guitar
USER

Under the LOCATION column, I selected TORPEDO and then in the drop down section under the TYPE and LOCATION columns I selected, USER and that gave me a list of the IRs I had previously uploaded to USER BANK 0.

Later and once I was happy with the IR, I went over to the PRESET section (far left) and SAVED it to my desired preset location and renamed the PRESET with info that tells me what IR features I'm using.

e8e4cced-e057-4220-8c43-9fa5241c1675.jpg

Back