BlendIR for dummies (and it appears I are one...)

gtrgriff3

There must just be something I'm missing here... but I tried using BlendIR (which looks super easy and perfect for throwing together mixes of my IRs) but I can't hear anything from my guitar.

I set the hardware up so that (roland octa-capture) outs 1-4 are active and input 4 is active (which is where my amp is coming into the system via a dummy load with no cab.)

Main Out is 3&4, Capture Out is 1&2 - and I hear the "Test" signal on the Audio Device Settings.

When I go to the main window and load up an IR in slot 1 I hear... nothing at all.

I can see my guitar amp lighting up the input on input 4 of the octa-capture, but I hear nothing and I see no meters to tell me where things are going wrong.

I can't find any videos or manual about how this works except to capture a cab... but if I have no sound I don't see how that would work either.

I'm sure it's something silly, can anyone point me in the right direction? This looks like a nice easy way to work without having to fire up the DAW every time I want to make another cocktail for the Torpedo Live.

Hello gtrgriff3,

BlendIR is not design to process IRs using a live feed in real time.

BlendIR can process test files in the playlist you can see on the upper left corner.

So then I to achieve the result of mixing together some IRs I've already captured, I should record my guitar without any processing and load it into the playlist and play it to hear the effects of my IRs?

I can do that, just want to make sure I'm understanding correctly.

Thanks,
Griff

Record the guitar and amp sans any cab/speaker processing, then import into BlendIR.

gtrgriff3":2xp8jtz5 said:
So then I to achieve the result of mixing together some IRs I've already captured, I should record my guitar without any processing and load it into the playlist and play it to hear the effects of my IRs?

I can do that, just want to make sure I'm understanding correctly.

Thanks,
Griff

Back