A Small Request

Raven

This is a small request for Guilaume & Team regarding the output options on the VB-101/Studio...

We currently have the Stereo, Dual Miking/Dry & Dry/Dual Miking options (which are perfect for recording purposes); however, would it be possible for you to add a Dual Miking/Dual Miking option as well? This would be real handy for live purposes as it would allow one to have two outputs with the fully processed A/B mix signal (one for front of house, the other for an onstage monitor perhaps; or one for the direct guitar sound, the other to feed an effects processor running in parallel).

Thanks in advance, hopefully this is a fairly easy addition to make & (as it's not a new feature par-se) could be done for both the Studio & the VB-101?

would it be possible for you to add a Dual Miking/Dual Miking option as well?

It's possible. You could even have like 10 cabinet/mic configurations per side.

The thing is I want to keep the unit as simple to use as possible, and the interface will become a mess where you have no idea what you're hearing

So I don't say we won't do it, because we never know, but right now we focus on the new reverb, EQ and exciter for Studio. ;)

Regarding the VB-101, I'm afraid that there won't be any future update. We will keep Remote up to date and working wth newer OS, but that's pretty much it. ;)

That's a real shame considering it's something we always used to be able to do with the VB-101 (the old Wet/Wet setting) but we lost the capability when you bought the studio out & changed the software to reflect the new true stereo approach of the Studio (in hindsight maybe you should've left the VB-101 as it was, as us VB-101 users only seem to have lost functionality since then & our hardware is no longer able to be used in a way that makes sense for the connections that it has ...careful consideration should be taken before removing existing things from people's products really).

The reason that this has suddenly become an issue rather than just an annoyance for me is because I was intending on purchasing both a Le Crunch & Reload soon (something I'd rather do than getting rid of my VB-101 & buying a Studio as it would give me more benefits than the Studio would). I want to start to include the Torpedo products in my live rig as well as the studio you see & it would seem silly to have to fork out for an XLR splitter/junction box because of a newly implemented software limitation when I already have 3 XLR outputs on the unit itself.

I love your products & your company as you know, I just want my VB-101 to be capable of what it always was capable of & I don't want to feel strong-armed into upgrading because you've vanished important settings options on me (especially when I already have a shopping list of other Two Notes products to deal with)! Haha.

Also, I don't get the sarcasm regarding 10 cabinets per side!? What I asked for isn't outlandish & was something that I used to be able to do with my unit back when I bought it; plus, it's FAR more useful than this 'true stereo' nonsense that has been bought in since the advent of the Studio. It worked for the VM-202 but guitar amps are mono, many people like to multi-mic them & many people need more than one output signal (for front of house & for onstage monitoring for instance). It would perhaps seem that pro-usage concerns have been superseded with features for features sake in this instance?

Please let me know if I'm wrong, but isn't the Dual Miking / Dual Miking setting you are looking for simply the Stereo setting with both channels panned to center ?

Maybe, it is entirely possible I'm being a dumbass here! Haha. I was under the impression that the new 'Stereo' output option sent channel A only to output 1 & channel B only to output 2? What I'm after is the same mono wet A/B mix at both outputs ....exactly the same way as it used to be with the old VB-101 firmware when you selected the Wet/Wet setting. To confirm, I'm talking both outputs showing exactly the same wet mono signal that reflects the full dual-miked tone that I have setup within the unit.

Hahaha, so I am just being a dufus then & it's just a case of a different control approach rather than having lost the dual-mono ability entirely then. Sorry for the confusion & thanks for clearing up my misunderstanding, it is good news indeed!

One further question though if you don't mind, if I have both channels panned dead centre, can I then get the same results as the old 'balance' control by varying the levels of each channel without altering the stereo image?

sysexguy":11ia896r said:
In addition, the VB-101 has the pre DSP analog out which will be the direct out you request

Thanks for the suggestion, but I don't really have a need for the dry analog out for my usage (although I can see where it might be useful).

For recording purposes I use the SPDIF outputs set to Dual Miking/Dry so that I have my main tone going straight in in mono fashion but also a dry track that I can use with WOSIII should I feel the need. The reason I was enquiring about dual mono wet outputs was for live use where I want to use the analog outs to feed multiple sources but only want wet signals (no use for dry sounds in a live situation :).

Sorry Raven I thought you wanted 2 different combinations at the output.

We did carefully try to keep intact what you could do with VB-101 before the update to stereo. ;) Only thing that you can't do now is the spatialization. Some people expressed that they would have liked to keep it but we simply didn't find to keep that option and the real stereo living together in a comprehensive way.

No worries Guillaume, I figured that you must've misunderstood me following Basstyra's response. It turns out that my request was a daft one anyway as I'd misunderstood the way that the stereo output option worked. I guess we both weren't thinking straight this time around (happens to the best of us aye ;-)! All's good though matey, I know you guys always do your best for your customers & your products.

Back