Power Amp Section of Wall of Sound III - some questions..

Blade

Hi Everybdy,

I'm wondering if some of you Two Notes experts could maybe answer a couple of queries I have regarding the use of the power amp section of WOS III.

I use Scuffham S Gear and Amplitube 4 for home recording my guitar tracks and I think both of these software programs have simulated power amp sections which can't be directly bypassed.

I love the sound of the power amp section within WOS II but I'm not sure if I should be using it in conjunction with the existing power amp simulations with S Gear and Amplitube?

The Two Notes manual says I shouldn't use the WOS III power amp simulation if I can't bypass the amp simulator's own power amp section, but would there be any major issues if I don't do this?

Does anyone have any advice on this?

Thanks in advance,

Pete

No major issues aside from two different "virtual" power amp simulations in series (for sonic accuracy's sake there is typically only one tube power section's color etc).

sonic accuracy

Come on guys, what about a little adventure in your sound??!! :D

I like cascading two poweramp with the one in WoS III pushed a lot to emulated an amp near-death experience. ^^ But safe.

I would keep the poweramp/master section in your amp modeler as low as possible and push WoS III power amp instead. It's worth a try and you can't break anything.

Hung Huy Tran":1wva5hnv said:
Try it and see how it sounds. I've done that a few times with my POD HD300 and WOS (initially it was by accident ).

OK..many thanks.. :)

djd100":1g0c6ekp said:
No major issues aside from two different "virtual" power amp simulations in series (for sonic accuracy's sake there is typically only one tube power section's color etc).

Thanks for getting back to me on this..appreciate it.. :)

guillaume_pille":2mmuzeac said:
sonic accuracy

Come on guys, what about a little adventure in your sound??!! :D

I like cascading two poweramp with the one in WoS III pushed a lot to emulated an amp near-death experience. ^^ But safe.

I would keep the poweramp/master section in your amp modeler as low as possible and push WoS III power amp instead. It's worth a try and you can't break anything.

Lol..I'm always up for sonic adventures!..just didn't want to destroy anything in the process!.. :)

I'll try your suggestions out too..so many thanks!

Back