Direct to monitors

pedrozepelim

Can I plug directly from the Torpedo Live to a monitor?
If so, what monitor woul you recomend?
I'm planning on using the torpedo live for home playing.
Thanks.

Yes. You run guitar to pedal to 2 Notes to monitor. I've used an Alto112, EV112 and Yamaha HS8. Any will work depending on what you are after. If you can go to your music store and try some out before you buy.

pedrozepelim you can connect a Live directly, but keep in mind that you will have to control your listening volume with the output level on th Torpedo, and the level between the presets can be different.

Don't destroy your windows Back to the Future style. ^^

Regarding monitors there are plenty on the market, it really depends on your budget to be honest. What I always say, the money you put in a monitor you should hear it instantly, and that's usually the weakest link in a home studio.

guillaume_pille":ptludo19 said:
pedrozepelim you can connect a Live directly, but keep in mind that you will have to control your listening volume with the output level on th Torpedo, and the level between the presets can be different.

Don't destroy your windows Back to the Future style. ^^

Regarding monitors there are plenty on the market, it really depends on your budget to be honest. What I always say, the money you put in a monitor you should hear it instantly, and that's usually the weakest link in a home studio.

Thank you for your answer, guillaume_pille.
Regarding the volume discrepancy you have mention, please allow me to ask you the following question: since I live in an apartment, and want to be able to play my Friedman Smallbox at reasonable volume, what setup would you recommend that could be a better alternative to Guitar into Friedman into Torpedo Live into Monitor?

Ok sorry my answer wasn't clear: you can play very quietly your full bast amp through a Torpedo and a pair of monitors.

What IU wanted to say is that if the Torpedo is directly linked to the monitors, your only volume level is on the Torpedo.

I always recommend having a kind of mixer and/or soundcard that will give you a fast and easy access to your listening volume. ;)

But using the Torpedo Live output volume is easy, you just need to have it at hand. ;)

Back