Torpedo Reload Issue

djc_guitars

Ive recently picked up a torpedo reload - I followed the instructions to hook it up but i am not getting sound through to the cab.

i have my guitar going into the INST IN on the torpedo.
AMP OUT going to my amp
speaker cable from amp going into SPKR IN on torpedo
SPKR OUT from torpedo going to my cab
both the DI and LOADBOX going into my audio interface.

the INST light is lighting green when i play my guitar but no sound comes through the cab.

I have tried doing the attenuator only option - my guitar into my amp, speaker out of amp into SPKR IN on torpedo, SPKR OUT of torpedo into cab... this works fine.

am i doing something wrong, i have a feeling the AMP OUT jack may be the issue - but im no expert.

any help would be great,
thanks.

You are sending your dry guitar to the DAW but you need to route it to the amp input via your DAW.

This is usually done by setting your input mode on that channel inside the DAW or the monitor panel (Maestro for Apogee for example). Please only do this for the dry DI channel, not the Loadbox channel.

You also need to cable a DAW out, ideally not the main L-R out back to the Torpedo Replay IN.

You could also run a Y cable from the DI out with one side going to the DAW and the other to the Replay In in which case yo wouldn't need to manage the input mode of the DI track.

If you wish to record the amp sound, the DI input is not necessary. The Reload is an audio swiss army knife and you don't need to use all its functions simultaneously in many application. Just plug your guitar into the amp's input directly, Speaker out to Reload SPR in and Loadbox out to DAW

Awesome thanks for that!
Any idea how I would do that with reaper?

I'm basically wanting to record my DI and monitor through my amp and cab.

Ok you have several outputs that's a good news.

Ok so the Guitar DI track comes on input 1, track 1 on reaper.

You have to assign the track NOT to parent/master but instead to, say, output 3 (I assume you use 1-2 for your monitors). Take a look at that guide, point 5:

https://support.focusrite.com/hc/en-gb/articles/207546025-Reaper-setup-guide

Output 3 -> Reload Replay input

Reload Replay output -> amp

amp speaker output to Reload speaker input

Loadbox output -> Input 2, track 2

On that track you may want to insert the Wall of Sound Plugin. ;)

And that's it.

thanks everyone - i solved the routing issues.
i can now record a DI while monitoring and play "through" reaper into the amp and cab without recording.

here are some screen shots for others in the future of how i have set it up

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2016-06-25 at 9.30.53 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2016-06-25 at 9.30.53 AM.png
    411.7 KB · Views: 994
  • Screen Shot 2016-06-25 at 9.31.25 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2016-06-25 at 9.31.25 AM.png
    225.9 KB · Views: 983
Back