Torpedo Live - Speaker Thru

Daniel_R

Good afternoon, all.
I have some question regarding the speaker thru output on the torpedo live.
I think this product this amazing. Unfortunately, I have not had the chance to try it or compare it to the Reload...

I have a cab at home and I would like to be able to listen to it once in a while. However, and like a lot of people, i cannot crank the amp at the tiny little apartment without breaking the windows.No master volume... So, here is my question: Does the "out level" knob simply controls the output line out (and maybe the headphone out) or... controls the output line out, the speaker thru AND the headphone out?

The main use that i want to give to the unit is recording. But it would be nice if i can crank the amp as well and control the volume of what goes to the cab, regardless of what goes to the output line out, since I would not be recording in those cases. Then, I guess that the other question is:
Maybe not simultaneously... But can i use the Live for both things?
Would i need an attenuator for the speaker thru?

Thanks for any help and suggestions.

The output knob will only control the output of the Torpedo. The Live does not have an attenuator built in. That would be incredibly slick if it worked that way tho...

I wish they would mate the Reload and Live into a new stepchild. That way, you could have the best of both worlds in one box. Loadbox, attenuators and cab sims.

The Torpedoes can function as excellent attenuator/master volume devices if your amp has a FX Loop, simply by putting the Torpedo in the FX Loop and using the Torpedo's Tube Power Amp sims as desired (i.e. dial them to your preferred sweet spot, Cab Sims off), and then use the Torpedo's Output Level control to set final level feeding your amp's power section for desired SPL.

Back