Mesa Boogie Dual Rectifier into Torpedo VB101

Very cool man. I am thinking that I may save up and get the VB101. The Studio has way more options and seems like you can do so much more. Plus, I want to be able to crank a 100watt Marshall. The live would be cool, but it doesn't have what the studio has.

Thanks! Get a VB101 oder a Studio. The Live is cool, but is limited to 100W (think about a Bogner Überschall 120W, Mesa Triple Rectifier 150W and so on) and you cannot process 2 channels at once. I´m very happy with my VB101 :m17:

Yeah, I need to be able to process 2 channels at once. I am doing Marshalls and classic rock tones. But I want them to sound amazing. Have 1 channel on Greenbacks and maybe another channel on V30s would be awesome. Gonna have to save up for a while. The VB101 Studio is expensive. However; I have seen some used ones for like $1100.

SilentMelodiesStudio":h4twj6ls said:
Thanks! Get a VB101 oder a Studio. The Live is cool, but is limited to 100W (think about a Bogner Überschall 120W, Mesa Triple Rectifier 150W and so on) and you cannot process 2 channels at once. I´m very happy with my VB101 :m17:
pretty sire it can can handle 120 watts? Ive seen people use with 5150's they are 120 watts arent they?

Well an amplifier doesn't deliver the full power when the master is on 1. ;)

So it's really about being reasonable, most high gain amps sound better when NOT pushed too hard. Just up to the right spot, which is usually below 100W in my experience.

A non master volume head is something else, and if you need to push a 1959 Marshall Head to the max, it will output close to 150W which will be too much for a Torpedo Live.

Back