Digitech GSP1101 into Torpedo VB101

The ability of the GSP1101 to load 3rd party IRs after updating firmware to c63 is really really nice, good job! However, we all know that the GSP1101 is not able to use the full length of the IR but only 128 samples. Hence, using a dedicated IR loader / cab-mic simulator can increase the sound quality of "cheaper" modellers significant. I made a short clip using my GSP1101 going into a Two Notes Torpedo VB101. I know the Torpedo VB101 is quite expensive, but you can easily replace it by e.g. a Torpedo C.A.B. that is much less expensive. To my taste, the GSP1101 holds up pretty well and therefore will be kept in my rack rig. Check it out!

Very nice! I too have a GSP1101 in my rig. When my amp was downed for long overdue repairs, I used a similar setup with the GSP feeding a Live. I play much different music, but I really felt that the Vox amp (c63) was also very convincing thru the torpedo. Much better than it did when using stock IRs in the GSP. For me, it is a wonderful solution to a backup rig... I wouldn't have too difficult time making it the "A" rig if needed tho.

cpiquette":3i4l2238 said:
Very nice! I too have a GSP1101 in my rig. When my amp was downed for long overdue repairs, I used a similar setup with the GSP feeding a Live. I play much different music, but I really felt that the Vox amp (c63) was also very convincing thru the torpedo. Much better than it did when using stock IRs in the GSP. For me, it is a wonderful solution to a backup rig... I wouldn't have too difficult time making it the "A" rig if needed tho.
Thanks for your reply. Have you ever tried to feed the GSP1101 into a real tube poweramp, lets say a Mesa 2:Fifty or similar? I think the GSP1101 setup wizard has such an option for using it with a real power amp into a cabinet. I could imagine that the sound and of course dynamics and feeling can be further improved by doing so. I´ll give it a try soon with my Mesa 2:Fifty and see how things are going :rock:

I have only had experience running the GSP thru the power amp section of my bogner. I didn't really care too much for it. I also have had somewhat mixed results running it thru a powered speaker. could never dial enough of the low end out. It sounds soon much better in conjunction with the torpedo tho...

Back