50 IR Slots on the Studio vs. 512 on the Live?

ToneChaser1

Greetings All,

Why is there way less IR slots available on the Studio versus the LIve?

Also, what is a non-linear IR for which is only available on the Studio?

I'm trying to understand all of the differences between the two models, aside from the obvious ones.

Thanks in advance!

Hi ToneChaser1,

you have 50 Two notes cabinets slots in the Studio VS 32 in the Live/CAB, and less 3,rd party slots in the Studio than the Live.

The Two notes cabinets take a lot of memory space compared to a short 3rd party IR because it contains more information.

The non linear algorithm let us reproduce the distortion that can happen in a cabinet + microphone setup pushed hard. Its purpose is similar to the Dynamic Convolution algorithm, create distortion (or in more marketing terms, change the frequency response based on the input volume.

It gives more life to you sound, providing you don't push the overload parameter too hard. ;)

Ok. Thanks.

So does that mean that the hard drive space on the Studio is almost completely full?

I guess I'm a little concerned about room for future firmware updates. For example: AxeFX Ultra vs. AxeFX 2.

The internal memory of the Torpedo Studio is not a simple hard drive, we have different type of memory to store different things; The software and the IRs for exemple do not share the same space. ;)

You will receive pretty soon a great update for the Studio. ;)

@guillaume when are the reverbs coming to W.O.S? :p (as a Torpedo Reload user I'd love to have them as well :) )

Back