question about two notes live's load

lyapunov2023

Hello guys, recently I'm using my evh5150 with torpedo live. Unfortunately the electricity had been suddenly cut off, but my amp seems to be fine when i check it later. Does the reactive load in the torpedo live works without power?Will this do damage to my amp? (evh 5150 50w also has a dummy load i believe). Thanks a lot!

Plus, when the electricity went down, your amp shut down anyway. And an amplifier without power obviously does not need a load ;)

We could be worried about the transient state while the amp was shutting down, but even if during this probably part of a second, the whole setup was improper, it still was a very short situation. Amps are not so sensible that this kind of very short event can destroy them.

Basstyra":1oz1pmkm said:
Plus, when the electricity went down, your amp shut down anyway. And an amplifier without power obviously does not need a load ;)

We could be worried about the transient state while the amp was shutting down, but even if during this probably part of a second, the whole setup was improper, it still was a very short situation. Amps are not so sensible that this kind of very short event can destroy them.

got that, many thanks to you!!!

Back