Any New Updates?

cpiquette

It seems as though the updates are not coming in as frequently as they were last year. Perhaps bugs have just gotten worked out to where theres not much more room to move? I personally don't see a great need for one, but I always like to try some new things with older toys. If I were to request a feature for a potential update, it would be to boost a preset via MIDI CC. I know that i can technically do this by toggling between two specific CC values, but my MIDI controller will only do off/on messages. It would be awesome to be able to define a range of values within the torpedo itself. not sure if this is possible or even worthwhile doing, but i know it would be extremely beneficial for my needs.

A fair point however the development team has been working on adding Arcade mode and the Reverb option to Torpedo Studio and soon after, WOSIII.

A boost can easily be obtained by engaging the eq or the power amp modeling. You can also copy a preset and then have 2 presets will identical parameters other than the level which makes a great boost. You could also assign a switch to send a particular cc value (depending on your floorboard) and then use the preset selection to return to the non boost

Thanks Andy, you covered the ground. Having two presets with a volume difference or use the EQ for a medium boost are two solutions already at hand.

I understand we are talking about live/CAB, on the Studio you have an input boost you can trigger to achieve that function.

I bought Torpedo Live brand new, played with it at my local store for a while and everything was fine. Hours later, I get it home and plug in my amp and I get this horrible squealing sound that won't go away and there is barely any signal coming out of the cab simulation. What's going on here???

Back