6 Weeks in with my New Studio

ToneChaser1

Happy Thanksgiving to all of the US members!

Well, I am now six weeks in with my new Studio and thought it was time to give my feedback.

All that I can say is WOW! I am completely satisfied with my Studio and my Mesa Boogie Mark V-25 now. Being a home player and playing at relatively low volume levels, I had a very one dimensional perspective of my Mark V even though it sounded good. I mostly used the clean channel - crunch mode as I really couldn't dial in channel 2 to my liking. And at the volume level I was playing at, I could only get a couple of my guitars to sound good through it, as I wasn't hitting the volume sweet spots.

Well, that has all changed now with my Studio. I now have channel 1 volume set at about 10:00 o'clock and channel 2 set at 9:30 and it has completely changed my perspective of my Mark V. All my guitars sound really good through it now and I play as much through channel 2 as I do channel 1 now. I had no idea how good this amp really is. What I love about the Studio is I have my amp dialed in so that I can get natural sustaining feedback on either channel and it is consistent through all the different presets that I have made, and the different cabs and mikes change the sound so much but not the overall tone and feel. I really haven't even messed with the mike distances very much at all yet as I'm getting excellent tones just changing out the different cabs. BTW, the Bogreen, Brit1935, BritWhite, and Uber75 cabs are absolutely awesome! I love the ability to have different cabs and mikes on either channel as this really makes a difference in tone and frequency shaping. I also love how the Studio allows all of my guitar's different characteristics to shine through. I can now get thick chugging crunch tones and singing endless sustaining lead tones at very low volume levels though my studio monitors, and all of my pedals sound excellent through it as well.

My Two Notes Studio and this technology has really surprised me and changed my thinking. I am now a believer. Like Steve Stevens, I am now an IR guy! I haven't even tried hooking up my Peavey 5150 yet as I'm so happy with my Mark V tones. I also haven't updated the firmware yet as I just love how it sounds right now. I will plan to update the firmware in the near future though.

I must give a tip of my hat to Two Note's awesome customer support for all of their help and patience with me. Thank-you so much Bruno and Guillaume.

I am very happy with my new Studio and am very proud to be a new member of the Two Notes family.

Back