Torpedo Live Integration with Helix or Kemper ?

spikey

Hi all,

First post, Im trying to find information on using Torpedo Lives "line out" into an Aux return on Helix (for effects after the power amp). Has anyone tried this?
Or maybe you have a Kemper and tried to use the Line out on Torpedo Live into Kemper somehow?

What about a 4 cable method with the Live?

For example= 4 cable method using Helix and the Torpedo Live connected to the amp of your choice...

(If that Amp is a DT-25/50, then use DT-Edit to clear off the Cab and Reverb simulations on Channel A or both)

Guitar into Helix> Aux Send from Helix into the input of the Amp ( with Wah, Dist., etc from Helix)> Speaker Pwr out from the Amp into the Torpedo Live Speaker Pwr input>.

Then, use Line Out of the Torpedo Live back into the Return of Helix (for Chrous, Volume, Delays, Reverbs etc.)>. Then main Output from Helix into the board/DAW interface.

When you change the DT's Amps (1,2,III,IV), just pick the mic and cab you want to use with "the Wall of Sound III" software.

Also, I see where it says in the manual that the Line in and out on the Live is "balanced" TRS. Can I use simple unbalanced 1/4" cables in to these jacks, or must they be TRS only?
If it has to be balanced cables, can you give me examples of (line in and out), what they are used on / for ?

Thanks alot and glad I found this place!!! :rock:

if you search this forum, there are several examples using the TC G system pre effects like od, wah and comp, the amp torpedo combo in the f/x loop and the modulation/delay stuff after.

You will want to assure that your loop with the amp and torpedo is at unity gain, you are using good quality cables and you can lift grounds if there is noise. The third pins of your amp and Torpedo AC are not to be lifted even though that can appear to be easier. Ask a studio tech to make you cables with telescoped grounds if required and/or order them from a custom builder like redco.

I personally did something similar well before it was called "4 cable method"....... we just called it "method" ........using gear of the day....Roland GP-8, Rocktron Patchmate and H&K Cream and Blues Machines and Marshall JMP-1.

spikey":1x5aqfqu said:
Hi all,

First post, Im trying to find information on using Torpedo Lives "line out" into an Aux return on Helix (for effects after the power amp). Has anyone tried this?
Or maybe you have a Kemper and tried to use the Line out on Torpedo Live into Kemper somehow?

What about a 4 cable method with the Live?

For example= 4 cable method using Helix and the Torpedo Live connected to the amp of your choice...

(If that Amp is a DT-25/50, then use DT-Edit to clear off the Cab and Reverb simulations on Channel A or both)

Guitar into Helix> Aux Send from Helix into the input of the Amp ( with Wah, Dist., etc from Helix)> Speaker Pwr out from the Amp into the Torpedo Live Speaker Pwr input>.

Then, use Line Out of the Torpedo Live back into the Return of Helix (for Chrous, Volume, Delays, Reverbs etc.)>. Then main Output from Helix into the board/DAW interface.

When you change the DT's Amps (1,2,III,IV), just pick the mic and cab you want to use with "the Wall of Sound III" software.

Also, I see where it says in the manual that the Line in and out on the Live is "balanced" TRS. Can I use simple unbalanced 1/4" cables in to these jacks, or must they be TRS only?
If it has to be balanced cables, can you give me examples of (line in and out), what they are used on / for ?

Thanks alot and glad I found this place!!! :rock:
I have a Suhr reactive load and a Helix and they work wonderfully together; I'm positive everything you describe above would be very easy to do as well.

Back