Torpedo Reload query

ovationbloke

Hello!

Ok so I have just got a Reload and my signal path is this...

Blackstar HT5 Head ----- Reload -----Universal Audio Apollo ( Pair of Monitors connected ) then ----- Apple Mac

So when I play through this, without using the DAW in my Mac, what kind of cab is being used for me to hear the sound if that makes sense? I can play using must be just a basic sound cab but is the sound being generated by the HT5 head and a built in sound within the Apollo interface?

I'm confused Lol.

Thanks!!!

The Reload is not adding any cabinet simulation on its own so you are hearing the raw amp tamed to line level which is very gnarly. The Reload includes a WOSIII speaker plug in licence....and if you just got it, registering your unit gets you a nice bonus of extra cabinets.

If you just want to quickly play through your monitors, running a speaker emulation on the apollo i/o mixer should be easy to set up. I'm not sure that WOSIII will run in this mode but if not, try either their speaker emulation or just an EQ with LPF.

You can also run the Reload back to a guitar speaker and set it to as quiet as you need to be.

Ahhh thanks! Yes you are correct in that it's giving a gnarly sound. I thought that is how it was meant to be lol.

Much appreciated sir!

You should be able to keep it hooked up to your guitar cab with significant reduction in volume from the Reload. Would sound better than using your monitors I would think.

Back