need help with connections for RELOAD

midcoast

I am concerned there might something wrong with the RELOAD ,but hope it is a cabling or hook up problem. I haven't used the RELOAD in a few months due to amp repair and have decided to redu my studio configuration and in doing so I have run into a problem hooking the RELOAD back up.

The (DI) hook up seems fine .......which is GUITAR to RELOAD input, DI out into RME UCX(interface). This is working no problem. I get signal through RME (TotalMix mixer) and Cubase 9 .

The (Silent Replay)...I think that is what you call it? This what I will mainly use for recording. I want to use the RELOAD as a load box for my amp and use WOS III as speaker simulation, no external cabs will be used. The way I hooked this up goes ....GUITAR to input of AMP, out of AMP(speaker out) to SPEAKER IN on RELOAD, LOAD BOX out of RELOAD, to input of RME UCX(interface). Is this correct? If it is, I get no signal at all and I have been chasing the problem with no luck. All the cables are brand new. Any help would be appreciated.

This description seems correct.

If you connect a speaker to the speaker out as well and gently bring up the volume (the control marked speaker on the Reload)...do you hear your amp.... if so, the Reload is handling your amp just fine.

Next test the DAW i/o input. Connect a keyboard, drum machine or even your iphone (or equiv) to the RME and see if you get signal into the DAW

If you have a compressor, channel strip or meter bridge..... try Loadbox out into one of these and see if you see a signal. Another thing to check, is your cable from Loadbox to RME

What cable are you using from Loadbox to RME?

sysexguy":1ni88jw4 said:
This description seems correct.

If you connect a speaker to the speaker out as well and gently bring up the volume (the control marked speaker on the Reload)...do you hear your amp.... if so, the Reload is handling your amp just fine.

Next test the DAW i/o input. Connect a keyboard, drum machine or even your iphone (or equiv) to the RME and see if you get signal into the DAW

If you have a compressor, channel strip or meter bridge..... try Loadbox out into one of these and see if you see a signal. Another thing to check, is your cable from Loadbox to RME

What cable are you using from Loadbox to RME?

I am using Pro Co 3' XLRF - TRS Cable . I also ran this cable into the same RME input that I used the DI (RELOAD) with and that input was working.

That's good, so we know the problem is at or before the Reload.

When you play, what is lit on the Reload front panel?

sysexguy":2tr7vjml said:
That's good, so we know the problem is at or before the Reload.

When you play, what is lit on the Reload front panel?

Only the 8ohm (RED LED) . None of the other LED reacted to any signal if there was any. When I plugged in the reload for DI the green instrument LED responded but I get nothing from (silent Replay) amp signal.

OK, and the amp's speaker out goes to speaker in (red jack nut, impedance selector next to it) using a tested 100% speaker cable. The amp not on standby, guitar is plugged into the amp, master is not on zero, nothing plugged in the f/x loop etc. Sorry these are the stupid questions one must check.

One common amp failure is the switching jacks of the effects loop don't work. Try plugging a regular guitar cable from send to return. This is just to get the setup tested.

If available try another amp and/or verify that the amp works with a traditional speaker connection ie direct to speaker....even at super low volume will be fine.

sysexguy":3sz7u2uy said:
OK, and the amp's speaker out goes to speaker in (red jack nut, impedance selector next to it) using a tested 100% speaker cable. The amp not on standby, guitar is plugged into the amp, master is not on zero, nothing plugged in the f/x loop etc. Sorry these are the stupid questions one must check.

One common amp failure is the switching jacks of the effects loop don't work. Try plugging a regular guitar cable from send to return. This is just to get the setup tested.

If available try another amp and/or verify that the amp works with a traditional speaker connection ie direct to speaker....even at super low volume will be fine.

GOT IT WORKING!!! The speaker 1/4 jack was half way out of the speaker jack on the back of amp!!!! (LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!) THANKS FOR THE HELP!

Wow, did you damaged anything in the amp? Running tubes without a load is pretty sure way to blow transformer, good thing you noticed.

Actually, blowing a tube amp this way also involves playing it, and depends on how hard and how long you play it. Output transformers are not usually that fragile :)

Back