Couple questions about C.A.B

SeleniumForest

Hey there!

I'm considering buying a C.A.B, but I've got a few questions before I'm fully convinced:

1. I won't be needing the loadbox feature what is in Live, are the impulses and software same in C.A.B and Live?

2. Can C.A.B be used as a last pedal in my fx loop for recording purposes? I've only seen people talking how they use pedals with their C.A.B, so how about a preamp of an amp? I have an amp, that has built-in dummy load, so I'm able to do silent recordings during nights.

3. Can C.A.B be used with headphones, if I plug 3.5mm adapter into output jack?

4. Does the power amp simulation truly sound like a real deal? I'm asking this because it would be interesting to try my EL34 Laney with other power tube types.

Thanks for answering!

1) Impulses and software are the same as the Live. The Live has a digital out that's not on the CAB and the CAB can accept instrument or line level, Live is Line level only

2) The CAB can also be used with pre-amps. You can also use it from an effects send or as your setup with an amp with integrated load. Please assure your output is not "compensated" ie speaker sim eq applied.

3) CAB has a dedicated headphone out

4) we think so.....you need to play with the controls. You can try it in the plug in version as well

Back