Torpedo C.A.B. vs LIVE

nigelpkay

I already own the Torpedo C.A.B., and wondering if I need the Torpedo Live for the best recording experience from a tube amp.

If I run a preamp signal from the FX send of a tube amp to the C.A.B., I'm using the power amp simulation and cab/mic simulation.

If I run a preamp signal from the FX send of a tube amp to the Live to the line input, would this be doing the exact same thing?

And If I run a signal from the speaker out of a tube amp to the Live speaker input, am I getting the actual power amp characteristics as well, then the cab/mic simulation? And so this would be the most accurate representation of my amp and therefore superior to the C.A.B.? (or at least more accurate than just the preamp signal with power amp/cab/mic modeling?

"If I run a preamp signal from the FX send of a tube amp to the Live to the line input, would this be doing the exact same thing?"
-> Yes. Using the Line input of the Live is the same as using a C.A.B.

Obviously, using the actual power amp of your amp is more accurate than using a Power Amp simulation in the Torpedo Live or C.A.B. It all depends on how satisfied you are with the Power Amp simulation :)

Back