Torpedo Live... Am I doing it wrong?

JerEvil

So I got the Live and nothing I am recording sounds good. Like, at all. Sounds nothing like the clips I have heard.

I am running:

• From amp Speaker Out into Speaker Input on Live
• SPDIF from Live into Saffire Pro24
• Line Out from Live into combo input on Saffire (instrument cable)

Everything I have recorded sounds very tinny like something is wrong in the mods/highs. Also even though I am selecting the SPDIF in, I am not getting an unaffected signal when panned hard right.

Any thoughts? I'll get a clip posted shortly.

If I recall right I got a decent tone with the extacy cab + 57 (don't quote me on this one) + distance/center under 5% for both + 1-2 DB over/under for a few freqs in the EQ.
Try that as a baseline?

Engl fireball speaker out -> live speaker input -> headphones out to Yamaha hs 80

Still messing around with it though and haven't tried recording yet. Might need to mix 2 profiles to get the full time you are after though.

Basstyra":17nuz2c4 said:
First of all, regarding the output mode : http://support.two-notes.com/knowledgeb ... rticle=207

You could start monitoring with the headphones output of the Live, to remove some links in the chain.

Did you try the Arcade mode ?
Ok thanks for that link. So are you saying that I would run from the headphone out into my interface and not the Line Out on back?

I did notice I was set up for Wet/Wet and 96k so maybe that was part of the problem? I am running errands so will record something shortly.

I MAY switch to Dry/Dry and use Wall Of Sound for separate impulses. Is that possible?

xzyryabx":17nuz2c4 said:
If I recall right I got a decent tone with the extacy cab + 57 (don't quote me on this one) + distance/center under 5% for both + 1-2 DB over/under for a few freqs in the EQ.
Try that as a baseline?

Engl fireball speaker out -> live input -> headphones out to Yamaha hs 80

Still messing around with it though and haven't tried recording yet. Might need to mix 2 profiles to get the full time you are after though.
So you still have the Live? For some reason I thought you were one of the guys who switched to the Studio. So why the Headphone out? Does it carry a better signal for monitoring?

xzyryabx":2bvrj7jd said:
Try that as a baseline?

Engl fireball speaker out -> live speaker input -> headphones out to Yamaha hs 80

So you still have the Live? For some reason I thought you were one of the guys who switched to the Studio. So why the Headphone out? Does it carry a better signal for monitoring?[/quote]

Nope not me....I moved to the live from the C.A.B; headphones out b/c it's on the front of the unit and easy to access (Ha!) + the line out goes into the DAW, so nowhere else to connect the monitors for monitoring straight from the unit (I don't use SPDIF or a mixer) . Just assumed the monitors and headphones can use the same output safely...may be wrong.

JerEvil":k4mc8dd8 said:
So are you saying that I would run from the headphone out into my interface and not the Line Out on back?

I meant plug your headphones directly into the Headphones output of the Torpedo Live.

Basstyra":1k2anjt0 said:
JerEvil":1k2anjt0 said:
So are you saying that I would run from the headphone out into my interface and not the Line Out on back?

I meant plug your headphones directly into the Headphones output of the Torpedo Live.
Gotcha.

I think I got everything sorted. Here is a test I did of some OwnHammer, SinMix, 3Sigma and Two Notes IR's

https://soundcloud.com/jerevil/wosiii-shootout

I posted it on your FB page as well. So... what are the benefits of going with the Studio?

The audio on the Studio using the digital out would have the benefit of the best quality of the Studio's input a/d converter. You would also have the added flexibility of matching to any standard sampling rate up to 96kHz and more clocking options (ways to sync the Studio to the DAW).

sysexguy":u5xgd4qt said:
The audio on the Studio using the digital out would have the benefit of the best quality of the Studio's input a/d converter. You would also have the added flexibility of matching to any standard sampling rate up to 96kHz and more clocking options (ways to sync the Studio to the DAW).
My Studio will be here tomorrow! Very excited.

Back