First Gig With Live!

TTerror

So, I had the first trial by direct injection in to PA so to say :D

Also one of the funniest technical debate I ever had on any gig before, people did not know what Live is, or how it is actually possible to play without a cab at all. Another guitarist came in with totally unnecessary 4x12 + 2x12 and JCM800...but could not play it loud of course due to the miking, basically driving a Ferrari at 20 mph.
OK so this was not a huge gig with professional sound guys but anyways, these people are having bands every week and first thing they did is laughed at the Tiny Terror saying good luck with that amp and no cabinet,...that's cool I go straight to the PA guys.
Man, you cannot plug your amp to PA, you need a cabinet...yes I can...this is my weapon, I show the Torpedo.
OK that is an effects rack unit, still you need a cab, and a mic....
Took me 15 minutes to explain them that I actually know what am I doing, while they attempted to actually find me a cab.

After all this hurdle, finally they figured out OK lets try that thing on the PA and I just cranked the little terror and off it went, amazing tone of a cranked tube amp and they were all looking in disbelief. Did a slight EQ modification and I had a perfect live guitar sound and my total setup weight was like 10kg :) I am suspecting Two Notes might get couple more orders after this gig. :D

PS: Watching that poor guy lugging his JMC800 and his cabs all alone after the gig was priceless.

Ha ha thank you for your feedback. Well it seems we still have a lot to do to make the concept more popular, even 8 years after releasing the torpedo VB-101 and like 30 years of analog speaker simulators and loadboxes before our time. ^^

Congrats on the gig and on changing perspectives!

It truly is a fabulous product. I remember when i got my first Live about 3.5 years ago and went to play at one of the local clubs that had a great PA system with monitors. The sound guy was insistent as well that I needed a cab. I explained everything and showed him and most of all, he heard what I was able to get out of this lovely 1U rack with my amp head. Fast forward to now and I can play in stereo with my Torpedo Studio. I wish I had this many years ago as it would have solved a lot of issues with micing, etc. Very thankful for such a great product!

Truly is a new paradigm in playing guitar!

Although I had my revelation bit earlier with Kemper, when I realized that miked cab sound is the one I have been craving and listening all my guitar career. Many people are still struggling to get through this, but I find it more pleasant to the ear and I can play forever while on my cabs before I easily get tired of the shear volume, and ever changing sound depending on where you sit/play in the room.

While Kemper does emulate given amp perfectly, I realized all I was doing is changing amps every minute because I had thousands of profiles, and wanted to play with every single one...it never stops. One minute I was SRV next one I am firing EVH stuff on other amp... In the end realized I wanted to have my own sound with my pedals that I can tweak all day long and create some new stuff but with all the freedom of the miked sound and cranked amp...well Torpedo was the perfect solution.

I have one channel amp, got two banks on Torpedo one for crunch gain stuff and one for cleanish...and that's it...I am done with changing settings and amps every minute, just play :)

Tonight have a jam with long time friend who is considering me a sinner for using digital stuff...he is about to be converted to the loadbox religion! :D

Back