Headphone output level too less - True Tone Studio

19Primus

Hi
The output at the headphone connector att he front of my Studio rag is much too quit, even if I boost it up to the max. Tone level of the headphone at my DAW is totaly good.
What can do? I use a AKA 702 Impedanz 60 Ohm. Does the Impedanz of the headphone have any influence to the tone level ( loudness) ?
I'm new to this studio rag since yesterday, and I'm really deeply impressed overall , happy:).

Best,
Tom

Hi Tom, yes the impedance of the headphones is important but 60 Ohms should work.

Where is the level on the output bargraph, what happens for your headphones if you drive the output level hotter?

guillaume_pille":1cc9qmef said:
Where is the level on the output bargraph, what happens for your headphones if you drive the output level hotter?

I tried it for testing to put the output to then max ( even its red) and even when i put the output for the headphone to the max, the tone on the headphone is really low/quiet. I think i would need a headphone preamp ?!

Best, Tom

That is strange Tom, the level on the headphones output is not that low, if you are positive you maxed it (check the silkscreen the max position is a little unusual) and same with the output level, I would try maybe another headphones to see if the same happens.

Sorry for jumping in here.... I experience the same issue.

However, when using my 64Audio in-ear monitors which are 16 ohms I have no issues. Using a pair of Ultrasone headphones which are 30 Ohms the levels are fine but the volume knob needs to be turned fairly high.

My suggestion would be that Two Notes consider increasing the output level of the headphone amp at some point.

Bill are you directly connecting your in-ear to the torpedo? How many meters of wire do you have so you can do that?!

or you just did that as a test right? Because I don't see how it can work in a live situation.

Just did the in-ears as a test. They are very low impedance so I was testing to see how they sounded.
My in-ears have a 1.5m cable.

And no, I don't use them in that configuration live :)

Back