Torpedo Reload Replay function won't work

cessebesse

Hi!

I just purchased a torpedo reload, and I'm currently having problems with the replay function. Maybe someone here can identify what I'm doing wrong? :) My gear is the following:
Torpedo Reload
Saffire Pro 40 Audio Interface
Cubase 8
Marshall Jcm 800 amp head

Playing my guitar through the amp into the torpedo is working perfectly, I can both feed an external cabinet and the direct signal to my audio interface and Cubase. But when I try to reamp a DI-signal from Cubase the replay LED on the Torpedo doesn't blink at all. I'm connecting it all like this:

Output 3 on Saffire -> Replay Line In on Torpedo (Using a brand new TRS cable). Replay Line out -> JCM 800 Input (using a TS instrument cable which has been working perfectly otherwise)
JCM 800 Output -> Torpedo Speaker Input (Ohm set to 8, using TS speaker cable which works perfectly otherwise)
Torpedo Loadbox Output -> Saffire Input 2 (using brand new xlr cable)

In Cubase I've set Output 3 (called line 3 in cubase) to a mono output and routed my DI guitar track output to this (I also set DAW 3 -> Line Output 3 in Saffire Mix Control). I'm then recording on a new track through input 2 in Cubase. You can hear some noise from the new track when monitoring and it gets louder when I increase the amp volume so the signal is definitely going through the amp. You can also hear an extremely low copy of my DI guitar track after I've tried reamping, although it's not distorted at all. The replay volume on the torpedo is set high, but as I said the LED doesn't blink, only the speaker LED.

I have no idea what I'm currently doing wrong, maybe it's something easy but hopefully someone can help? :D I can give screenshots of all settings if it's needed as well.

do you have another device with a level meter? for example a rack delay or compressor? If so, check the line from the saffire to the line in and see if you see a signal.

You could also run the same signal (Saffire 3 out) into a guitar amp directly or your studio monitor (at low volume, just to check it). A tuner could be used too..... just record a string close to tuned and then tuned..... then see if you can re-amp the process.

second step would be to try another source into the replay line in. Easy would be a keyboard, drum machine or even an iphone playing some music and see if you get signal. It may also be easier to not use the loadbox just for a quick test. Manage the volume so you don't blast anyone and try just the replay into the amp direct to a speaker.

depending on the result, we can assist further.

sysexguy":b2n9wxq7 said:
do you have another device with a level meter? for example a rack delay or compressor? If so, check the line from the saffire to the line in and see if you see a signal.

You could also run the same signal (Saffire 3 out) into a guitar amp directly or your studio monitor (at low volume, just to check it). A tuner could be used too..... just record a string close to tuned and then tuned..... then see if you can re-amp the process.

second step would be to try another source into the replay line in. Easy would be a keyboard, drum machine or even an iphone playing some music and see if you get signal. It may also be easier to not use the loadbox just for a quick test. Manage the volume so you don't blast anyone and try just the replay into the amp direct to a speaker.

depending on the result, we can assist further.

Got it working! Noticed that the output 3 worked if I plugged it to my monitor but not when I plugged it to the amp. I'm quite new to Saffire mix control and I had missed that the output volume was linked to the same volume knob that's used for my main monitor outputs, so the output 3 volume was decreased by -36db as well.. Changed output 3 from blue to grey in mix control so that it doesn't get affected by that, works perfectly now. Thanks alot for the help! :)

Back