Best (or good) USB audio interface for Torpedo Live....

2ninety

I've been using an older Focusrite Saffire 6 to record into Reaper on my laptop. I noticed that, especially the factory IR's but even the Ownhammer IR's i have seem to have this un-natural high end to them and sounds really 1 dimensional (flat, no depth, a crispness on the upper high end that shouldn't be there, solid state sounding) and i'm starting to wonder if it's the older Focusrite Saffire 6 interface i'm using that's causing it to sound that way. Kind of feels like i need to run a low pass filter so nothing above 5k or 6k gets thru....

Anyone have any input on if/how an audio interface can make your Torpedo Live sound more "fake"? Sounds like a "fake" top end in the higher frequency range (like above 6k). I don't notice this on demos i've heard

What does everyone else use/recommend for "affordable" USB interfaces ($800 tops)? I've been looking at the Universal Audio Apollo twin duo but noticed it doesn't have s/pdif....actually a lot of the USB ones (i'm on Windows) don't have s/pdif inputs but most all have ADAT lightpipe instead. So what is everyone else using that has s/pdif inputs?

to be honest I'd be very suprised if the interface was an issue

have you tried hooking your monitors up direct to the live to see if there is a difference ?

I agree with mongey, money should be put in monitors in priority.

So check with your monitors in direct with Torpedo (to exonerate the soundcard), check with different headphones, ultimately make a traditional mic recording to compare it with the Torpedo.

Back