Torpedo C.A.B for bass

Anton65

Hey guys, new to this forum, I'm close to biting the bullet on the Torpedo C.A.B, I've sold my bass rig and have been playing with just D.i I was considering a preamp(was interested in the le bass preamp as it has an amp sim) but found the C.A.B.
I think it looks great, and possibly suited for what I would like but I haven't found much info from users etc.( I've seen a couple of videos). My questions are, is it suitable as a standalone unit to cover playing live without any other pedals? I just one other pedal a full tone bass drive. Do I still need a preamp pedal or can I use just direct to board. I know it doesn't carry a load but I don't need that anyhow. It would also be great for recording I see.
Appreciate any info thanks for your time!

There's just just not enough info for this out there for bass, I watched a video review where the guy was totally confused for about 10mins

The CAB can accept instrument level and will work just fine especially with modern pickups. If your bass is active, you already have a pre-amp and would be all set anyway. The reason why a pre-amp is often suggested is because the CAB's main EQ is post the speaker sim section and may users prefer to set their tone earlier in the chain. You can check out videos Bakithi Kumalo, Damien Erskine, and several other bass superstars regarding how they use the Torpedo CAB.

Thanks so much for your reply. I have a jazz bass w/passive pickups, so I'd say I'd be better off with a preamp first. I just ordered the Le bass preamp and I see you can still use the software for recording etc.
I'll definitely look to adding the C.A.B at a later date.
I did see some more videos but the only informative ones are guitar based, except for the guitarist from Djorge demoed it with bass while using the le bass in conjunction with the C.A.B.
Thanks again

Hi Anton,

our team was at NAMM thus the delay between your question and the first answer.

Even if CAB works perfectly for Bass and guitar, we have way more guitar users. That's how it is, and that's why most people here can't answer your question.

This being said, Andy covered the topic pretty well, and you are about to try Le Bass which is a good step in the right direction. ^^

Thanks yes I bought the le bass and I'm loving it so far I don't miss my rig.
I've only just now tried the wos plugin and it sounds great also. My only problem is when I rendered my session there's a loud enough buzz or hiss sound. It plays back fine during session it's only when I rendered. I disabled the plugin and hiss went after next render. I'll submit a ticket when I get a chance. My sample rate is 88200 maybe wos only handles up to 48000?

Hi Anton,

well the sample rate shouldn't affect the sound that much, the plugin can work t any frequency. Please send a ticket with maybe a sample so we can take a look at it.

guillaume_pille":vh0v6g40 said:
Hi Anton,

well the sample rate shouldn't affect the sound that much, the plugin can work t any frequency. Please send a ticket with maybe a sample so we can take a look at it.

Ok thanks, I'm going to test again first

Back