Live+CAB for Stereo rig

Denis Lachance

Good morning,

Is it possible to use a torpedo live for my left signal coming out of a strymon timeline and of course use the load box. The for the right side, I would connect the right output of that Strymon timeline into my Torpedo CAB and load a slightly different IR. I would record the 2 signal as a left and right track potentially fully panned.

I would change the switches to line input and line output on the CAB

Merci de confirmer !
Denis

Hi Denis,

if the signal you sent to the Torpedo Live is line level or close, you'll have to use the Line input on the TLive, not the loadbox input. )

And yes it will work. ;)

Thanks Guillaume,

Just to confirm if I understand correctly...

I want to connect my pedal board as usual using both front input and the FX loop like if I was in a mono rig (so that's why the left side of my Strymon timeline goes in the FX loop). The speaker output would then be connected to the Torpedo Live using the loadbox section (not the line input) and then in the 1st input of my RME UCX.

The CAB would be connected on the right output of my Strymon Timeline which is line level (I assume I'm correct here :) )into my torpedo CAB. In the second RME UCX Input.

So using the 2 device in that kind of scenario would provide me with a real stereo rig.....Better than tracking twice having a different stereo phase....

Si je ne suis pas encore assez clair, je passerai au Français :D

J'ai eu un Radial Headload, j'ai encore un Radial JDX mais ca n'a rien à voir avec vos produits.....Je suis maintenant un happy camper :)

Merci pour toute info additionnelle.

Ciao !

Denis

Hi Denis, so if I understand correctly the signal looks as follows

guitar---> Amp----(fxsend)-->stereo device (Strymon)----(left out)--->(fxreturn)--->Amp---->(spkr out)--->Torpedo Live (spkr in)--->mixer/daw
...................................................stereo device (Strymon)----(right out)--->CAB (line in)-------------------------------------------->mixer/daw

if so this will work really well, you can use the power amp sim settings in the cab to make sure the timbre matches the result with the Torpedo Live using the same cabinet and with the stereo effects bypassed and then once you have a balance, you would have a world of colours available between changing cabinets, micing and the depth of the stereo effects.

If you are up for it, another option is to mute the dry signal for the stereo effector, use a parallel effects loop either if the amp has one or using a Y cable, place the CAB before the Strymon and run wet/dry/wet with the CAB for the wet L and R and the Live for the dry signal.

In a really advanced setup, a midi switcher/router could permit selecting either option on a patch by patch basis.... that would be a rig to hear!!!!

Merci Andy,

You understood the signal path very well Andy !

I have a BOSS ES-8 as my switcher. I did connect everything in mono :) Not enough ports. I have 2 H9+ timeline that are stereo so I'll play manually to switch the desired signal to send to the CAB.

By the way I bought you IR package which is very good.

Cheers from Québec :rock:

Denis

Back