Whats the Best Headphone ohm for a Torpedo Studio

Polodog

I have a pair of Sennheiser 250 ohm HD600 headphones and they are way too quiet when plugged directly into the headphone jack of my Torpedo Studio. Can I get a recommendation for the ideal ohm that the Torpedo Studio headphone jack can drive before I run out and buy another pair of headphones.

That is strange I have 470 Ohm Audio Technica phones and no volume issues at all, but in general I am on the very high side regarding the Ohms, lower the better.

TTerror,

Thats interesting, I wander if I'm not doing something wrong? Ive never had an issue with 250ohm headphones and recording gear. Ive read the manual several times as well as tweaked every knob and setting and still can seem to increase the volume. Do you have any suggestions?

Maybe the overall output is on the low side? There is overall dB setting in the individual patches, then the global output also, just a thought.

I recently went back to my Sony headphones with 60 Ohms but only because ATH phones are open back and wife was annoyed by my not so silent playing in the same room :) They have slightly higher volume but not really by a huge margin.

Best test would be to try other phones just to see if the volume is related to the phones.

Frist of all what you own is the best in the market.Still, for your references, I will take it down to two of them, Sennheiser HD598CS and Beyerdynamic DT990 Pro.Both of them are open back as you are familiar with and are cost effective as well/.
You can read their review at this awesome guide on the internet.
https://gadgetsdeck.com/best-studio-headphones/

Back