WoS3 A Flaky P.o.S! Alternative IR Loaders Please?

neuk01642

So
I have now given up on WoS.
After months of intermittent issues I've outline before here (presets disappearing, having to reload my presets every time I open a song in Logic, WoS constantly telling my that cabs I have purchased haven't been purchased despite the fact that when I go on line to La Boutique, there they are), and very little productive assistance from the Two Notes support team (few email conversations in after suggesting I create a new cabinets folder they disappeared and I didn't get any more responses when the problems continued), I'm just going to use 3rd part IRs with the LeCab plugin (which was free).

It's a really shame because the theory of WoS and the potential is amazing, but something went very wrong with it at some point and I simply can't be arse having to spend any more time trying to sort it out.

So couple of questions, anyone else having anything similar to these issues with WoS 3 in Logic?

And does anyone else have any recommendations for good, inexpensive IR loaders that I should look at.

Thanks in advance

:doh: :no: :confused: :thumbsdown:

Hi neuk01642,

i'm sorry to read that you had a bad experience with the support. We are currently working on a new version of the WoS III, maybe if you can point me to the ticket number where you were abandoned I can make sure your issues are solved in the next release.

Recently Logic and Cubase (Mac) changed their policy regarding online connection of plugins, forcing most plugin developers to change their connection method. That is one of the reason why we have a new release on the way. I don't know if that was your issue but that is something that will be fixed pretty soon.

Regarding other IR loader, you already know LeCab, there are others like Redwirez or Nebullaor even the free IR loader in Reaper. None that offer the same functions as WoS III.

I also experience the loss of the IR names when saving/changing presets within WoS III.
What are the latest version?
When are the new WoS III version coming? And what are fixed/changed?

Thanks in advance

guillaume_pille":2n6as97q said:
Hi neuk01642,

i'm sorry to read that you had a bad experience with the support. We are currently working on a new version of the WoS III, maybe if you can point me to the ticket number where you were abandoned I can make sure your issues are solved in the next release.

Recently Logic and Cubase (Mac) changed their policy regarding online connection of plugins, forcing most plugin developers to change their connection method. That is one of the reason why we have a new release on the way. I don't know if that was your issue but that is something that will be fixed pretty soon.

Regarding other IR loader, you already know LeCab, there are others like Redwirez or Nebullaor even the free IR loader in Reaper. None that offer the same functions as WoS III.

Guillaume
The ticket number is:

M3A-SJT-L899

Last conversation I had was with a chap called Bastien (apologies if that is incorrect) who requested and screen shot of my cabinet folder and my license number. I'm guessing he didn't receive either as I didn't hear back and, to be honest, I can't see how either of those things are the issue as, even when the problem with the missing cabs is occurring in WoS and the presets needing to be reloaded every time I open a project, I can log into La Boutique through the WoS Plugin and my cabs are all listed there.

Maybe it is the connection issue you outlined above. I shall await the new version of WoS and hopefully that will solve the issue. I really like it as a product and would love to go back to using it again.

We will have a beta coming out I hope before of March, it would be great if you take the time to try it. ;)

Regarding your ticket I see Bastien's question and no answer from you, after some time the ticket changed status to "solved". That's why you didn't hear back, simply because he was waiting for an answer.

Sometimes we need to ask questions which seem stupid, just to make sure the users follow the instructions, you wouldn't believe how many tiny errors one can do, even experts. ;) A screenshot can help us detect, I don't know, an issue with some folder names or invalid installation or whatever he wanted to actually see. ^^

I also experience the loss of the IR names when saving/changing presets within WoS III.
What are the latest version?
When are the new WoS III version coming? And what are fixed/changed?

Thanks in advance

Bredo please create a ticket on the Help Desk, I promise someone will answer! ;)

Back