What am I doing wrong...

rmp5s

Just got a Torpedo Live. I hooked everything up the way it's supposed to be...guitar > amp > Torpedo Live, then Torpedo Live 1/4" line out > Line 6 UX2 1/4" line in. Also have the Torpedo Live > PC via USB for controlling the Torpedo Live.

Well...come to find out, whenever I run a 1/4" cable from the line out of the Torpedo Live (it's the only analog out on the thing) and plug it into ANY 1/4" input on the UX2, I lose all audio. The entire computer. Silence. Unplug the cable from the Torpedo Live, audio works again.

Now, when I say no audio, I don't mean 'no audio from the Torpedo'...I mean no audio, period. Youtube, my DAW, nothing. I can see proper audio on the little level meters on the UX2 which are set in the Line 6 software to show output, and I can see proper audio levels all over the place in Windows. Torpedo Live also appears to have proper input...doesn't appear to be going to the UX2 though...Torpedo Live software shows proper input and output, but nothing appears to be registering on the UX2.

I'm lost...anyone have any idea why this would happen?

Just confirmed audio is coming out of the Torpedo Live's line out correctly. I plugged a cable from that output and into a little practice amp...sounded fine.

Hi rmp5s,

I never used the UX2, is there any kind of active switching in this thing when you plug in a 1/4"?

Does the UX2 work with balanced line inputs? What cable are you using between the T Live and the UX2, balanced with TRS jacks or unbalanced with TS jacks?

guillaume_pille":1z5gjq7x said:
Hi rmp5s,

I never used the UX2, is there any kind of active switching in this thing when you plug in a 1/4"?

Does the UX2 work with balanced line inputs? What cable are you using between the T Live and the UX2, balanced with TRS jacks or unbalanced with TS jacks?

As for active switching, no...not that I'm aware of at least. It's a pretty simple device, really. That's why I bought it...I had a Scarlett Solo (which was simple and awesome), then "upgraded" to a Scarlett 6i6 (NOT simple OR awesome) that I hated so I got this. It's pretty basic.

Between the TLv and the UX2, I tried every 1/4" cable I have...regular guitar cables, TRS cables, etc. All with the same result.

Super confusing. Been using it with my old, trusty Behringer U-Connect (TLv > 1/4"-RCA Male > U-Connect > USB) since I got the thing since it simply refuses to work with the UX2. Works great like this. lol (I'm telling you...good ol' Behringer...lol...I've had that stupid thing for basically a decade. Gotta love that reliability!)

Well, I'm afraid we reached the extent of my knowledge on the UX2.

If there is a kind of mixer/monitoring software with it I would check the I/Os because it looks like something is wrong here, if you can see input levels moving and Remote showing something too...

Back