Torpedo cab vs WOS III?

errrrrl

Just curious if there are any advantages in sound quality between using the CAB vs WOS III for loading IR's for home recording?

errrrrl":8fff3hw9 said:
Just curious if there are any advantages in sound quality between using the CAB vs WOS III for loading IR's for home recording?

I am curious about this as well. I like the WOS III cabs, but if there is any advantage from a sound quality standpoint to using CAB, I would like to know.

I don't believe you will hear any sound quality differences between the C.A.B. and the WOSIII plugin. It really depends on HOW you are using them.

With the C.A.B. you can play live in real-time going straight into your DAW using the C.A.B. if you know what preset or settings are going to work for you. Using this method, you will not be able to change/edit the cab emulations later. This is fine if you have gone through and tweaked your sound as a 'keeper' tone.

With WOSIII you need to capture your amp sound direct with a load box (or DI from your amp sim), then add the plugin to your guitar track and tweak to your satisfaction. Either method will yield same quality results. It just depends on your workflow. It should be noted however, that if you buy the C.A.B. you also get WOSIII with all the same cab options included.

You still play in real time with WOS III, you're just recording the "raw" guitar, and playing through an amp sim and WOS.

If you have a good soundcard, choosing between CAB and WoS III is a matter of how you want to work. You want to pick a CAB if you prefer the hardware interface and need to bring it on stage from time to time. And you'll have 32 cabinets (the ones in the CAB) to use in WoS III for free.

If you buy 32 cabinets for WoS III it will cost around 128 eur incl. 20% VAT (if you are in Europe). So it's not nothing, but still more affordable.

Back