Nee advise on which Two Notes product should I get

Econ

Hi,

I'm planning to put together a mini studio at home. My idea would be to have a system where I can do some recording and play guitar with some backing tracks. I have a Friedman BE 100 that I want to use and want to have the ability to get the most out of it tone wise without getting in trouble with me wife and neighboors. I take that the Two Notes Torpedo live, the Two Notes Studio and the C.A.B. would allow me to do that (I understand that each product have features that are unique to them).

Based on what I want to achieve and the fact that I'm not a professional recording musican, which of these products would you recommend?

Thanks in advance for your feedback.

If money is no issue...then you go for the Studio, no questions about that. It can handle 150w of load, and I assume your BE100 puts way more than 100w that Torpedo Live can handle, because you will play it cranked of course. Also, Studio has way more capabilities than Live, to play 2 cabs at the same time is amazing for sure.

On the other hand I have Torpedo Live and Marshall 1987x 50w amp and get crazy tones on headphones while my daughter is watching cartoons in the same room. I got that WTF moment when I dialed the exacts sound of ZZ Tops Tush...it is dead on, I could not believe it, after 20 years of playing I finally got the sound. Can't help not to laugh reading all the forum complaints about this amp being too loud...you simply don't care anymore and play it as loud as it goes. :D

Actually I got an amazing deal on the amp because customer returned it to the shop saying it is too loud and unusable. :rock:

Greetings, the C.A.B. does not have the loadbox. Are you planning on using the BE's line out or the speaker output?

Then you go either for Live or the Studio, again if you are willing to pay more and get the best...Studio is the one, I will probably get it next year. Nothing wrong with the Live, but the devil in me just wants those 2 cabs sims in real time. :D

Also, since you have the 100w amp...not quite sure you could crank it properly on the Live, I have 50w and my load input knob is at 9' o clock, bit more and I would run out of load capacity for sure.

Guys from Two Notes must have tried your amp with the Torpedo, maybe they can confirm how loud it actually gets.

Some 100W when maxed up, full distortion, can output something close to 150W RMS. The Live may reach its limit, but I would strongly recommend NOT playing with the amp maxed out all the time anyway. ;)

I had a Live for many years. Works great! I recently updated to the STudio and it is fabulous. Having the 2 IRs in stereo if really nice!

Back