3rd Party IR on Torpedo CAB Help

mixohoytian

Can anyone explain a step by step procedure for getting IRs into remote and then actually into the CAB?

I tried on the main forum and some youtube videos but none actually resembles exactly what I'm seeing on my screen.

I see no way to access the User banks that have the 3rd party IRs from my CAB.

Also, I was trying to load many IRS...but somehow feel that I should only put 1 IR in each user bank.. is that correct?

Also, if the IR(s) are in the user bank(s) does that mean that they are correctly loaded into the remote?

Lastly, I think the preset manager is where I need to be focused, but on the left side, when I select folder/ files, it will not let me grab 3rd part IR WAVs from my desktop. I understand how to drag from left to right, but how do I get my WAVs into the left side. And if I get them in there on the right side, does that mean it gets put into my CAB? My goal is to not be connected to a computer.

Sorry, but none of this detail seems to be in the manual.

Thanks.

To access your USER IR's from the C.A.B. you need to select the user Miking Bank, then select the Miking File.
User bank is a PARAMETER that you need to set a VALUE and Miking File is a PARAMETER that you need to set a VALUE.

You can put 128 IRs in each USER bank.

If your IR's are listed in the right hand pane of the Torpedo Remote's Memory Manager, then they are loaded into the C.A.B.

The Torpedo Remote allows you to select a folder on your computer for User IRs which will be listed in an hierarchy on the left pane of the Memory Manger.

This is what I did on Windows 10 x64

On computer:
1. Connect the C.A.B. via USB
2. Start the Torpedo Remote application
3. From the top menu choose "Folders>Select User Impulse Directory".
I have C:\Program Files (x86)\Two Notes Audio Engineering\Impulses listed and made a new folder in there for my favorite IR's like "My Favorite IRs"
Click "OK" to exit.
4. Open 2 Windows File Explorer windows and copy your favorite IR's to the directory above
I ended up making 4 seperate folders and organized the IR's according to what I was going to put in each bank
5. Back in the Torpedo Remote selct "Managers>Memory Manager" from the top menu
6. Choose a User Bank (USER 0, 1, 2, 3). On the left see your IR's (or navigate to them) and drag them to the right
Quit the Memory Manager to return to the main view
7. Make sure "User" is selected in the "Miking" section of the Torpedo Remote, and you should be able to find your IR's in the drop down list to build and save a preset from the Torpedo Remote

To select a User IR On the C.A.B:
1. Press the "EDIT" button
2. Use the PARAMETER knob to scroll to the "Miking Bank"
3. Use the VALUE knob to select the desired User Bank
4. Turn the PARAMETER knob to scroll to the "Miking File"
5. Use the VALUE knob to select the various IR's

Good luck!

Back