Bassman + Torepedo Reload + Torpedo C.A.B. + Effects

fredfreeloader

Hi everybody.

I just purchased a few pieces of gear to tame my G.A.S. problems. :LOL: :LOL:

Now I need to know how to put them toghether.

The pieces are :

1) Bassman 66 head (just serviced and ready to blues)
2) Torpedo reload (was fond of the live but wanted to match the 4 ohm of the bassman)
3) Torpedo C.A.B (shipped and on the way)
4) BOSS Blues Driver BD2 Overdrive
5) reverb pedal
6) delay pedal

I mostly record to DAW or play through headphones.

Would this be ok ?

Overdrive > Bassman > Loadbox > (XLR to 1/4) to CAB > Reverb and Delay > Mixer > Mixer AUX to DAW

I would put the DLY and RVB after the cab to keep everything as clean as possible.

Thanks in advance !

Fred

It would totally be more than ok but you do have a few choices.

If you place the reverb and delay before the amp you'll get a different color, arguably more vintage with less fidelity. You could also place them between the Reload and the CAB and finally, you could place them so that you are monitoring with the effects on but the DAW records the signal without delay and reverb which can then be added later either with pedals or plug ins.

The only thing you can't do is connect the reverb and delay where a speaker wire is used i.e. anywhere from amp to Reload.

You can also experiment i.e. place the delay between Reload and CAB and the Reverb after or vice versa.

All that to say, you have a nice setup there and your configuration cabled as you suggest will sound great. One little thing would be to assure that if the CAB output is set to line level, then reverb and delay units are also able to handle line level without clipping. Most newer effects like Eventides and Strymons are fine but if you have a 70's analog delay, it may not be the best unless you flick the CABs output setting.

Dear Andy, thanks a lot !
Very clear explanation, I will experiment as you suggested, and post the results as it might be helpful for others.

I will have to figure correct in and out levels to and from the CAB.

Back