Newbie Needs Help - No Audio

iceman823

Just received my Torpedo Live.

My chain:

Guitar-->Blackstar HT50 Head-->Speaker out into Torpedo Speaker In-->Line out of Torpedo to input of Scarlett 2i4 interface. Scarlett set to 'Line'. No matter what the settings, there is no input into the interface. The Scarlett has green lights around the input knobs and they aren't lighting at all. The input lights both on the Torpedo and inside the Remote software are lighting but the output lights inside the Remote software are flat, no matter the output settings. Also, connecting headphones to the Torpedo produces no sound either.

I've tried two different TS 1/4" cables between the Torpedo and the Scarlett.

Any ideas?!? Super frustrated.

Thank you

sysexguy":14st4w06 said:
can you post a screenshot of the remote?

Finally got a sound, but it's a direct sound only with no cab/mic processing. I suspect it may be my use of an unbalanced TS guitar cable into the Scarlett. However, my headphones have a TRS connection and I only get the same direct sound out of them also. The output is very low and the output lights to the right on the Remote screen never light up at all. I see 4 setup options for output in the Setup Screen and I get no output at all when selecting either of the last two options with 'Wet' as the first value.

Front screen of Remote:

Setup screen:

Scarlett Interface settings:

1/4" cable from Torpedo line out to Scarlett input:

Headphone TRS:

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2017-03-11 at 5.31.26 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2017-03-11 at 5.31.26 AM.png
    1.3 MB · Views: 924
  • Screen Shot 2017-03-11 at 5.30.57 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2017-03-11 at 5.30.57 AM.png
    401.4 KB · Views: 926
  • Scarlett 2i4.JPG
    Scarlett 2i4.JPG
    976 KB · Views: 930
  • Quarter Inch TS.JPG
    Quarter Inch TS.JPG
    1.1 MB · Views: 932
  • Headphone TRS.JPG
    Headphone TRS.JPG
    1.1 MB · Views: 927
  • Setup Manager.png
    Setup Manager.png
    382.4 KB · Views: 927
OK, thanks for posting, set the output for "wet/wet"

Also, turn up "preset volume" to 0dB. That preset patch most likely used the power amp section to add a bunch of level and once it was bypassed (the power amp modelling section on the left) the levels dropped. You can bring the preset level parameter right up to 0dB. Please report back if this all works.

You should also have presets named AMP and LINE, the AMP presets are calibrated for use with an amp. They also either have an S or A prefix i.e. A004 or S026 marked which denotes whether the preset is in ARCADE or Simulation mode (A or S). Your screenshots are from Simulation mode. Arcade mode uses the exact same process but the user parameters have been consolidated to make editing simpler and more intuitive. You can use either one, whichever you prefer.

Thanks for the help!

We're definitely getting somewhere now. It works and I've auditioned all of the cabs and mics. But it still seems very low output. Is this because I'm using an unbalanced cable into the interface? Would this result in a loss of output?

I notice when I direct monitor thru the Scarlett in 'Stereo', I only get output from one monitor, but it's higher output. When I set it to 'Mono', there is output in both monitors but at a lower level. Could a TRS cable solve this you think?

Thanks again!

when you say stereo, re you running a y cable TRS to 2 x TS? if so you may be cancelling the hot and cold

The Torpedo is mono out and should have more than enough output in balanced or unbalanced operation. Set you scarlett to mono with panning centered and you should be fine

sysexguy":195arcgu said:
when you say stereo, re you running a y cable TRS to 2 x TS? if so you may be cancelling the hot and cold

The Torpedo is mono out and should have more than enough output in balanced or unbalanced operation. Set you scarlett to mono with panning centered and you should be fine

No, I'm only running a single TS cable from the Torpedo's line out into one channel of the Scarlett.

Back