New C.A.B. Owner With A Few Questions

Hello All, my first post here. I just got a C.A.B., and first sound impressions are very good. After a week, I'm still experimenting with it, and have a few questions about it.

1) How do I verify/update the latest firmware?

2) If I buy additional cabinets from the "boutique" Two-Notes store, are those usable in both my C.A.B. AND WOSIII plugin simultaneously? Or would I be required to "Ping-Pong" those cabs back and forth from hardware to software due to a license requirement?

3) I use my C.A.B. coming straight from the DI output from my Rockcrusher Recording unit (without the EQ speaker simulation) hooked into my DSL or 6505+. Would it generally sound better to use it coming out of the FX Loop instead and using the power amp simulations? Or is it different for every amp situation depending on the amplifier?

4) With the C.A.B. being the last piece in the signal chain, should it then go into a mic-pre? Or straight into my converters?

5) Do I need to adjust/edit in my DAW to compensate for the C.A.B. latency when recording?

Thanks, and greetings to all,
Vince

------------------------------------------------------------------------
Jackson's, BC Rich's, EMG's, TS808HW, OD808, BBE, DSL, 6505+,
RockRec, C.A.B., RedEye 3D Phantom, AML 1073(x2), Rosetta 800-192,
Hdspe AES32 PCI-E, SM57, MD421, SM7B, Reaper, Win7Pro64
-------------------------------------------------------------------------

1) connecting the CAB via usb to a computer and running Torpedo Remote (which is a free download) will automatically check for updates for the CAB

2) your cabinets, the 32 that come with the CAB and any additional purchases are all available simultaneously in your CAB and WOS III installations on computers you own. The CAB has 32 cabinet "slots" whereby cabinets can be exchanged (via the Remote software again). When a cabinet is replaced by another, it isn't available inside the CAB until it gets swapped in again but you never lose access to anything in your cabinet library.

3) both methods work and you should experiment to find the best tone and workflow for you

4) The CAB has sufficient output particularly if you use a balanced TRS 1/4 cable to the converter but you may like the sound of your pre-amp. If you run the CAB into a mic input, watch out for overloading the mic pre which will add a fairly harsh distortion. This may only be obvious with a cleaner sound.

5) The only time you may need to adjust for the latency is if you are combining the CAB signal with a direct line or mic'd amp. The CAB has a tiny latency and the timing of your playing will not be affected. You can also consider monitoring the CAB output while tracking the dry signal and adding WOSIII later while mixing. WOSIII will use the DAW's plug in compensation

Back