Reamping with Presonus Studiolive and Studio one 3

mesaamp

Hi
I recently purchased a Torpedo Reload, and works great. However, I am now trying to hook up for reamping using my Presonus Studiolive 16.4.2 and Studio One 3. I may not fully understand the description in the manual, but if someone can give me some direction? Should I be sending the dry signal from DAW to the reload box and then back to my DAW on the channel with Wall of Sound?

Thanks! :rock:

I'm not a Presonus workflow expert but here's the key.... the di signal needs to be routed back to the amplifier input. If you search this forum, the subject has been dealt with in great detail 3-4 times so if the answer below and the manual aren't clear, search is your friend.

you can:

a) take the monitor out from your DAW or i/o management utility (if you I/O has one) and route it back to the Reload Replay In. Signal is pre WOSIII instance.
b) split the analog signal post DI using a Y cable, a/b/y box to both the DAW and the amp input (or the replay in. A down and dirty, easy way to do this is using a bypassed stereo effect like a chorus pedal or delay.
c) same as b) but split pre the DI.

You may also find that not using the DI but recording the amp tone without the cabinet micing process and then not re-amping but just re cabineting and re micing gives you tremendous flexibility in tuning the guitar parts to build an amazing mix.

Alternately, you could use the DI option alone while tracking, use a modeling process (plug in or outboard) for your monitoring while tracking and then once done, do as much re-amping via the Reload as your heart desires (using the unprocessed dry track recorded by the DAW)

The Reload is tremendously flexible and versatile. You should feel confortable using each of its functions one their own and in any combination and find the workflow that provides you with the greatest opportunity to capture your inspiration. Try these different appoaches and see which ones resonate for you.

HI,

Thank you Andy :thumbsup: . I was searching this site before I posted, but for myself, just wasn't clicking as others explained.

:rock:

sysexguy":in0gduh0 said:
I'm not a Presonus workflow expert but here's the key.... the di signal needs to be routed back to the amplifier input. If you search this forum, the subject has been dealt with in great detail 3-4 times so if the answer below and the manual aren't clear, search is your friend.

you can:

a) take the monitor out from your DAW or i/o management utility (if you I/O has one) and route it back to the Reload Replay In. Signal is pre WOSIII instance.
b) split the analog signal post DI using a Y cable, a/b/y box to both the DAW and the amp input (or the replay in. A down and dirty, easy way to do this is using a bypassed stereo effect like a chorus pedal or delay.
c) same as b) but split pre the DI.

You may also find that not using the DI but recording the amp tone without the cabinet micing process and then not re-amping but just re cabineting and re micing gives you tremendous flexibility in tuning the guitar parts to build an amazing mix.

Alternately, you could use the DI option alone while tracking, use a modeling process (plug in or outboard) for your monitoring while tracking and then once done, do as much re-amping via the Reload as your heart desires (using the unprocessed dry track recorded by the DAW)

The Reload is tremendously flexible and versatile. You should feel confortable using each of its functions one their own and in any combination and find the workflow that provides you with the greatest opportunity to capture your inspiration. Try these different appoaches and see which ones resonate for you.

Back