Help with new Torpedo Live - Torpedo Remote crashing on PC

jimmer_5

Hey all,

I bought a used Torpedo Live today, and I am having a hard time getting started. I have the user manual, but it doesn't really break down how to get started. I downloaded the Torpedo Remote software, but it never really starts up - it just says waiting for connection. Then when I connect the Torpedo live by USB and power it on, the software crashes and an error message pops up saying "Torpedo Remote has stopped working". Has anyone else experienced this?

Finally, do I need to register my Torpedo live to set up an account? I have been under the impression that you need to sign up for a user account to use Torpedo Remote.

Here is what I am seeing - I am using a PC with Windows 7:

best to create a support ticket at two-notes.com Please provide them with your computer details and the current firmware version of your unit (set up menu)

Thanks for your help guys. After a lot of work, I got it solved last night. The firmware was very old (version 1.34), and it had been originally run on a Mac by the gentleman I bought it from. For some reason, it would crash on my PC, but when I installed the software on our 8 year old Macbook, the Torpedo Live was able to connect and update the firmware. After that it connected to Torpedo remote on the PC with no problems. So, it appears that going from a Mac to a PC with a device with old firmware can cause Torpedo live to crash. In any case, I got the Torpedo working, and I am a happy customer. Now I need to spend some time tweaking profiles and learning how to get the best out of this device. :)

Guillaume - Just so you know, I did contact your help desk on Saturday when I first had the problem. I have not heard back yet, but today is only the second business day, so that's well within the 48 hour period that I expected for a reply. For the record, I hope you know I wasn't trying to show your product in a negative light - I was simply seeking an answer to a problem. I researched it for several hours and could not find a similar situation, and nothing else I tried was working.

jimmer_5 thank you very much for your feedback and don't worry we never consider that someone having an issue with our product to be impertinent. ^^

I just asked my guys to write an article for the help desk on that matter, I'm sorry you had to go through all these difficulties but hopefully your experience will help others. That's what forums are for!

BTW Monday was a Holiday in France and my main guy wasn't here either on Tuesday. Damn Frenchies with all these holidays... ^^

Back