2 x Two Notes Torpedo CAB question

onedge custom

I am posting to find out has anybody run 2 x (as in 2 separate) C.A.B units in the same rig.

I have a Wet Dry Wet setup and currently am splitting the mono signal AFTER a single C.A.B

Preamp >>> CAB >>> Mono IN/Stereo out FX >>> F.O.H

I want to run a second CAB and split the signal BEFORE the CABs (plural)

Stereo Preamp (R)>>> CAB 1 >>> Stereo Delay >>> F.O.H
Stereo Preamp (L)>>> CAB 2 >>> Stereo Reverb >>>F.O.H

What I am worried about is phasing issues and don't wont to find this out AFTER spending money on the second CAB... any one done this or can chime in on the issue?

The determining factor will be the connected echo and reverb units, in particular whether these units process the dry signal through their a/d/a's or not. Are you adding a mixer to combine these signals or running 4 lines to FOH/ DAW? You could set one unit to 100% wet and use the other as th wet dry mix.

You may want to consider upgrading the setup to a Torpedo Studio, the new included Reverb algoritm is super so you could simplify one less processor and then run digitally to the other one (assuming your delay unit of choice has digital i/o). This would reduce the aggregate latency, simplify the cabling and allow some fairly complex routing of the multiple cabinets and effects on a per patch basis.

Back