New CAB / Le Clean user with questions

madseason

Hello all. Just recently got my CAB along with a Le Clean Preamp. First some background. I was an avid tube amp guy and played through several fender amps, specifically the 65 DRRI. I was supplementing it with several pedals such as the JHS double barrel, Full Drive 2, Strymon Riverside, Timeline, Blue Sky and Mobius. After several years of lugging the amps I was ready to put together a direct rig. It just seemed easier and more manageable. I ran this new rig for the first time last night and was impressed with the ease of set up but not blown away by the tone. I'm thinking (hoping) it was the overall setup I used between my board and the Two Notes gear. I ran the following:

Various OD pedals (JHS double barrel, Full Drive 2, Strymon Riverside) on a loop switcher > Mobius > Timeline > Big Sky > Le Clean > CAB > FOH

I know most run the modulation / Delay / Reverb after the CAB for running stereo but it's not an option for me playing live so I run them before the CAB. Is there a rule for this or another reason to reconsider?

As for the Le Clean, I tried running on Channel B with the EQ around 9, 10, 12, 2 for gain, bass, mid and treble then into the CAB with the line in selected on the back. Things just seemed a bit thin with my other drive pedals. I tried to approach it as I did with a clean fender amp and use the OD pedals for the dirt. I'm starting to think I should have got the Le Crunch.

So after rambling on, does anyone have any suggestions on getting the drive pedals to play better with the Le Clean? or do you have any recommendation on the overall setup. I plan to play more with it this weekend so any tips or tricks would be great.

Thanks!

try running the drive pedals into the LeClean and then all the time based effects either between the LeClean and the CAB or after the CAB altogther. This will allow you to experiment with the interaction between the drive pedals and the various channels of the LeClean. I am sure that with some experimentation, you will be getting some amazing tones quite quickly.

If you run the effects after the CAB, you will of course have the option of running stereo but there is no reason you can't use this setup in mono too.

Finally, you can use the midi from the LeClean, CAB and your Strymon and Eventide boxes to greatly simplify the number of stomps needed to change sounds either with or without a midi controller board... start without adding any further boxes.

Back