Is the new version 4 WOS a free update.

jbraner

Hi,

I just noticed there's a new version of Wall of Sound software.
Is this free for WOS III users? If so, do we just install over the top of WOS III?

I'll just answer this myself.
Ver 4 installs and works fine. It is a new plugin from ver III, so there is complete backwards compatibility with old projects - this is great ;-)

Ver 4 isn't asking for any money and recognises my ver. III registration - so everything seems cool.

I'm really only interested in the reverb in ver 4 - and even that can be done with other plugins - but it's handy to have here.

EDIT - I also noticed that the presets seem to be interchangeable between ver III and ver 4. If I load a preset in ver 4, and add a reverb setting, and then save the preset - I can still load the preset in ver III!
This is really cool - and will really help with compatibility with old projects.

V4 has many new options so backward compatibility of presets (meaning form 4 to 3) is not guaranteed. ;)

But yes, update is free, as usual with Two notes. ;)

But just for simple cabs and mic placement - the presets seem to work fine with either version. This is really good, as they don't all have to be recreated ;-)

But yes, update is free, as usual with Two notes.
I didn't know this ;-) This is my first time for a product update ;-)
Thanks!

Back