Le Lead issue

RKL

I recently got a Le Lead.

I was testing it last night with other pedals, including a Torpedo CAB, in and out of the loop effect.

At the end of the night I noticed that the Hot Fusion function is on every time pedal B is active. It's on in Hot Fusion mode. The Fusion switch changes the color of the light (blue-red), but doesn't affect the actual setting. Hot Fusion stays on when B alone is active or when the A/B Hot Fusion mode is selected (both switches on).

I don't know if this is a switch being stuck or something more serious.

Any suggestions would be welcome.

Hi RKL,

when the B channel or A channel alone are activated, you should see only either the yellow (B) or green (A) LED on.

Are you saying that even with only A or B the window is still Blue or Red, and for example if it is Red and turn the Fusion know all the way down there are no sound at all coming out of the pedal?

No - when the different channels are triggered from the switches, the front LEDs perform as they should. A on is green. B on is amber, A + B (Fusion) is both.
When both are triggered (Fusion mode), the Fusion switch controls in the internal LED colors appropriately (blue for cold, red for hot).
BUT
Any time that the B channel is on at all (in B only or A+B), the pedal is operating in Hot Fusion mode. The Fusion knob is operational and controlling, even when only B/amber is active. I can tell it's Hot rather than Cold because I heard it before - and because the gain/distortion is extreme. The sensitivity also seems like it may be affected - if the Fusion knob is below 9 o clock, there's no sound; if the A or B gain knobs is below 9 o clock there's almost no sound even if Fusion is around 12.

After re-reading the Manual, I though the MIDI might be to blame, and I did a factory reset using the A/B switches. This didn't affect the behavior.

Thanks -
Robert

Ok Robert, if in B channel the Fusion knob affects the sound, there is a serious issue with your unit.

I see we are already taking care of you on the Help Desk, so that should be all good. :rock:

Thanks - I also figured out (another thread here) that the bypass is not working correctly. Clearly some of the relays are not behaving :)

Back