Torpedo live output level tone

ljrm15

Is it normal on a Torpedo Live that the output level parameter changes the tone? I think it should be the same just with different volume, but on my unit the closer the output level gets to mute it sounds more like a dry signal, and the closer it gets to 0db it sounds like a processed signal, even when the output level is on mute it still has a little dry signal on the line out/headphones out, the setup is wet/wet. could my torpedo live be defective?

Hi Guillaume thanks for your reply,

Im using line out and headphones out, both behave the same, I tried them connected to a mixer or to a power amp with the same results, I have not tried with the spdif. I will try to attach a recording of the issue on the weekend.

Also I noticed the headphone out volume is too loud, even on -32db it sounds as loud as my iphone on 100% volume, im using philips 32 ohm and marshall 42 ohm headphones. Do I need high impedance headphones for torpedo live like the 250/600 ohm beyerdinamics dt880?

Thanks-
Luis.

I attached a recording of the output behaviour, the first 10 seconds output level is on mute, but there is still a little dry signal present, and as the output level is raised up to 0db it sounds like it changes from a dry signal to a processed signal, on the recoring is not a big issue but ussing headphones out, or line out through a mixer/PA on high volume it is more noticeable.

Regards

Attachments

• 01-04-170529.mp3
    462 KB · Views: 86
Back