Torpedo live and monitoring speakers

thehyunkel

Hello,

I have questions about torpedo live and getting output on monitoring speakers.

Can I output the torpedo live to my home cinema amplifier using a s/pdif cable ? (This would be a temporary solution giving me some time to buy monitoring speakers). Or is this plain bad ?

To output the torpedo live on monitoring speakers, do I need an audio interface ? or can I direct output the torpedo live on the speakers ? As the torpedo live isn't stereo (AFAIK) can I only direct output to one speaker and need an audio interface if I want to output on two speakers ?

Thanks a lot for any answer :)

If your HC amp has coaxial SPDIF input that should work.

Beware that most small HIFI systems are not really designed to handle well the dynamic you can have with your instrument, so don't push it too hard. ;)
To output the torpedo live on monitoring speakers, do I need an audio interface ? or can I direct output the torpedo live on the speakers ? As the torpedo live isn't stereo (AFAIK) can I only direct output to one speaker and need an audio interface if I want to output on two speakers ?

It's always good to have some kind of mixer to put between your Torpedo and monitors, for easier volume management. Also you may want to jam along something played on an audio player, or your sound card, or...

Your soundcard, if it has enough I/Os and easy access to listening volume (such as the Audient USB Soundcards for example) can do the trick.

Back