Tele country twang with Torpedo CAB - looking for tips

Kimced

Hi, I am looking for tips (speakers, mics, eq) on how to maintain the twang, stringiness and punch from a Fender blackface amp when going through the Torpedo CAB. My setup is: Tele -> Fender amp (for instance Deluxe Reverb) -> Torpedo Reload -> Torpedo CAB -> Audio interface -> Logic.

Any of the Fender style open cabs will do nicely (1 X 10) Silver 10 & 10-2, (1 X 12) BDeluxe, Deluxe, Vibro Utah, Vibro V30, (2 X 12) Silver 77, Silver Jen, (4 X 10) Super Blue.

The Deluxe likely has a bright cap on it's volume control, so don't turn it up past 5 or so or it might start to darken (if the cap is in place, and if you want bright lower strings etc).

Try a Condenser, and pull it back a ways to start.

Kimced":kexl8q9b said:
Hi, I am looking for tips (speakers, mics, eq) on how to maintain the twang, stringiness and punch from a Fender blackface amp when going through the Torpedo CAB. My setup is: Tele -> Fender amp (for instance Deluxe Reverb) -> Torpedo Reload -> Torpedo CAB -> Audio interface -> Logic.

Any of the Fender style open cabs will do nicely (1 X 10) Silver 10 & 10-2, (1 X 12) BDeluxe, Deluxe, Vibro Utah, Vibro V30, (2 X 12) Silver 77, Silver Jen, (4 X 10) Super Blue.

The Deluxe likely has a bright cap on it's volume control, so don't turn it up past 5 or so or it might start to darken (if the cap is in place, and if you want bright lower strings etc).

Try a Condenser, and pull it back a ways to start.

agree 100%

Back