WOS 4 RTAS doesn't show up?

OrangePeeled

Hi all,

I've installed the WOS4 RTAS for use in Pro Tools 9, but it never shows up in the software, probably because it never makes it to my plug ins folder, despite saying the install was successful. Any ideas why this might happen and how I can fix it?

Thanks,

Brandon

Hmmm, works fine on my PT HD 8.0.5 and 9 systems under Win 7 64b?

It should be in the RTAS Menu under "Other"?

OrangePeeled":16943cwx said:
Hi all,

I've installed the WOS4 RTAS for use in Pro Tools 9, but it never shows up in the software, probably because it never makes it to my plug ins folder, despite saying the install was successful. Any ideas why this might happen and how I can fix it?

Thanks,

Brandon

I agree. But after installing it on my Mac, it never actually shows up in the Digidesign plugins folder, despite saying the install completed successfully. I don't think anything is blocking it... Can you tell me what the name of the dpm file is on your computer? Maybe I can search for it and manually place it in the folder.

Brandon

It's "Torpedo Wall Of Sound III.dpm"

(35456KB as reported by Windoz).

I just noticed that mine is WOS3, and I wasn't even aware that there was a WOS4, sorry about that!

I'd assume maybe "Torpedo Wall Of Sound IV.dpm"?

Is it possible you didn't select RTAS when installing which resulted in only VST/AU/AAX getting installed etc?

Good luck!

OrangePeeled":36n0dyr0 said:
I agree. But after installing it on my Mac, it never actually shows up in the Digidesign plugins folder, despite saying the install completed successfully. I don't think anything is blocking it... Can you tell me what the name of the dpm file is on your computer? Maybe I can search for it and manually place it in the folder.

Brandon

Thanks! I'll look for it on my Mac.

No, I installed RTAS for Pro Tools 9 and VST for Reaper. The VST is working as it should be. The RTAS doesn't even get deposited into the plug ins folder and is therefore also not available to use. But the installer says it was successful. ??? I've got nothing. :( I even rebooted and tried installing a second time, and redownloaded the RTAS installer. Still didn't work. It's very odd.

Brandon

A couple of thoughts...

a) Permissions?

b) Logged in with Administrator creds in the proper User Account where PT is installed?

c) Installer Bug?

d) Short term work around perhaps: Try the older WOS III installer?

e) Be sure to contact TN's Support directly and file a ticket.

I don't have my PT HD stuff installed on macs anymore, so I can't test it?

Good luck!

OrangePeeled":33r9n55p said:
Thanks! I'll look for it on my Mac.

No, I installed RTAS for Pro Tools 9 and VST for Reaper. The VST is working as it should be. The RTAS doesn't even get deposited into the plug ins folder and is therefore also not available to use. But the installer says it was successful. ??? I've got nothing. :( I even rebooted and tried installing a second time, and redownloaded the RTAS installer. Still didn't work. It's very odd.

Brandon

Put a ticket in with Two Notes yesterday. This is a mistake on their part. The RTAS installer was placing the plugin into the AAX directory instead of the RTAS directory. I received an email from one of their developers last night. I put software installer packages together as part of my job and completely understand how easy it is to point the files to the wrong directory! Haha!

Kudos to them! That was a quick response.

Brandon

Back