Torpedo CAB with clean tones

loziodavid

Hi all, I'm new here at Rig-Talk.
I play the electric guitar and I was considering to buy the Torpedo CAB for easy recording, without microphones and without cranking up the volume of my tube head.
I have to point out that in my setup ALL overdrive and distorted sounds come from pedals, not from the amp, so I dont use the send-return of the amp.

Guitar-buffer-compressor - OD1 - OD2 - big muff - flanger - phaser - vibe - rotary - delay - clean channel of the amp

This is my setup and I want to keep it as is now, if possible, replacing head, speaker cabinet and microphones with the Torpedo CAB.

I have 2 questions for you.
1. In the manual it is recommended to place the modulations and the time based effects (delay, reverb) after the CAB, but my modulations and my delay pedal are simple analogue pedals (Boss, TC Electronics, Mooer, Voodoo Lab). No USB or XLR output.
What I have to do? :( A simple guitar cable from delay pedal to audio interface is enough?

2. As you argue, I love modulations and ambient sounds. When I play with FX-chain like

flanger-delay
flanger-rotary-delay
chorus-delay
vibe-delay

so in all these cases when I use ONLY modulation and delay, how the Torpedo CAB can work as there is no preamp, distortion or OD pedal in front of it?
In read that many guitarist drive the Torpedo CAB with a good preamp (or OD/distortion pedal), probably because it only emulates the power amp section (6L6, EL34, KT88) of a tube amplifier, and not the amp itself (preamp+power amp).

Thank you all in advance

Back