Question for Guillaume - your fave VST amp SIM?

Greggo

Hi Guillaume, I'd be interested to know what your favorite software amp SIM is? As your products seem to be more aimed at people silent recording real amps through your hardware or other attenuation unit, if you had to pick a VST to use on its own (instead of a real amp) with your two notes WOS what would it be?

Hi Greggo,

I actually used some amp sim that we designed and that I don't intend to sell anytime son, but if I have to use a commercial product, I'll go either to Scuffham amps S-Gear which is uncomplicated and sounds awesome, or Blue Cat Destructor when I feel like I want to turn knobs.

I'm dealing with electronics all day so the idea of tweaking resistors and capacitors to make a virtual amp sound good, on a computer, leaves me indifferent. I have very little time to play guitar, absolute zero time to fiddle around.

Thread from the dead, but good shout on Blue Cat Audio destructor - I'm currently demoing and it does sound fantastic with WOS cabs. Even its own filter based cab sound is good on its own, but can be shaped nicely before WOS to get some Amplitube beating sounds!

Back